Sign in to follow this  
CaptNasty

Can the Zombie count be manipulated?

I just watched about 20 minutes of a Tweak stream by a well known streamer.  Private Shard, .55 stable.  He ran from his spawn inside of Cherno, through Cherno, to the Balota airfield.  Throught the airfield and into Balota.  He doubled back through the airfield and up to the apartments at Chapaevsk, then over to the apartments at Novoselky, and then up on to the hill behind Dubky.  He DID NOT encounter or see a single zombie for the whole 15-20 minute run????  WTF? Man, I make that run and I'll at least SEE 10-12 zombies and have to deal with at least 3 of them.  He had his first encounter with a zombie when he was meeting up with a couple of guys on the hill behind the Dubky apartments.

Is it possible to modify your game to curtail the amount of zombies that spawn around you?

I have cleared smaller towns of hordes and then when I passed through the town again later there were no new zombies there.

I collected every single zombie around Elektro then locked them in the fire house. The town was clean of zombies for a long time until some poor guy set them free.
However the second and third time I locked all the zombies in the fire house I did notice that there were random zombies wandering around and I had no explanation for where they came from, This leads me to believe there is some randomness to it.

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin

I just watched about 20 minutes of a Tweak stream by a well known streamer.  Private Shard, .55 stable.  He ran from his spawn inside of Cherno, through Cherno, to the Balota airfield.  Throught the airfield and into Balota.  He doubled back through the airfield and up to the apartments at Chapaevsk, then over to the apartments at Novoselky, and then up on to the hill behind Dubky.  He DID NOT encounter or see a single zombie for the whole 15-20 minute run????  WTF? Man, I make that run and I'll at least SEE 10-12 zombies and have to deal with at least 3 of them.  He had his first encounter with a zombie when he was meeting up with a couple of guys on the hill behind the Dubky apartments.

Is it possible to modify your game to curtail the amount of zombies that spawn around you?

simply put, no. You cant modify any of the spawns right now in the Standalone, zombies included. remember that the base game is still in early development and the the goal is to thoroughly test and iterate on each element before opening up the modding floodgates. (lets be honest the minute modding is possible most of us will be playing on private shards that are modded to our own tastes.)