sixgun

Does killing on sight make you a bandit or a really serious survivor?

I don't wanna get killed.

The stuff I'm carrying and that's in my ruck took me a long time to get. Slithering through dirty convenience stores, abandoned hospitals, and crawling through miles of mud to get north and the good gear... I won't lose that on the off chance an unidentified player is not hostile.

If we encounter anyone within our proximity, they are going to die. If we encounter anyone within a given radius of our campsite, they are going to die. No betrayal about it, we just don't want to be messed with.

So are we bandits?

I don't wanna get killed.

The stuff I'm carrying and that's in my ruck took me a long time to get. Slithering through dirty convenience stores' date=' abandoned hospitals, and crawling through miles of mud to get north and the good gear... I won't lose that on the off chance an unidentified player is not hostile.

If we encounter anyone within our proximity, they are going to die. If we encounter anyone within a given radius of our campsite, they are going to die. No betrayal about it, we just don't want to be messed with.

So are we bandits?

[/quote']

If a threat is avoidable by any means other than shooting it, and you still shoot it, then you are a bandit. Survivor means you do what you need to survive, killing someone rather than walking away is not surviving.

Yep I agree with Boxey.

If you kill in order to survive (if someone's shooting at you or someone's pointing his gun at you and you're uncertain of his intentions) it's just survival, which by definition, makes you a survivor.

But if you go out of your way to kill someone for fun, or to take his gear, you're a bandit.

That said: Bandit live is a bliss

So are we bandits?

What a daft question...of course you are!

Caution doesn't mean shooting first and asking questions later.

If you shoot anyone for the loot, fun of it, or just because you feel like it. You are a bandit.

As long as you don't hunt people you aren't bandits. Or as long as you see someone far off, that clearly won't be a threat, and let them go, you aren't bandits. But if you hear a distant gunshot, hunt them, see if you can take them down, and do so, you are a bandit. If you go out with the intent to kill people you are bandits.

In this game its self defence to shoot first without asking questions if somebody sees you. Most people will shoot you on sight anyways, and you seriously can't gamble on them being nice enough not to shoot you when you say "friendly".

I just want to say that killing on sight is such a relative term. If you see someone far off in the distance with their backs to you, and you know for certain they didnt spot you, its something completely different than meeting someone head on in the forest while running towards each other. In one of those situations I would consider you a bandit for killing, in the other I would consider it self defence. People that never shoot on sight in any situation are just plain stupid.