Sign in to follow this  
Salamandras

Will this mod still be active in 2-3 months?

I've been reading up about DayZ and watching videos and i'm absolutely in love, only problem, my PC can't even play ArmA II Free, let alone the full version with a mod added, so i'm gonna wait.

I'm getting a new gaming pc in a couple months, and i'm wondering if the game will still be active then and updated and not be just another 15mins of fame game, if i come back later, will i still find full servers and a large playerbase? Along with active patches and updates?

Should of posted this in the general discussion area.

But in my opinion there will still be roughly atleast 10,000 people still playing in 2-3 months.

But in my opinion there will still be roughly atleast 10' date='000 people still playing in 2-3 months.

[/quote']

hopefully not you though.

But in my opinion there will still be roughly atleast 10' date='000 people still playing in 2-3 months.

[/quote']

hopefully not you though.

Whys that?

I think it's likely that it will.

The mod is getting worked on, it's updated a lot and has great support from the community.

Additional to (or even more important than) that; the games is very open ended.

The map is immense

You can do so much different stuff

There's alot to see

Good gear is hard to come by (so you wont get bored as fast)

You might loose everything in the blink of an eye, so you won't be bored because you've already unlocked all that you can like in other games

I think all of that points towards a long lasting game. And hey, Arma 3 is on the way :)

Of course it will. Even if the current players get bored or pissed off, a new lot of players will replace them. Right now, there is no other game like this out there. It will be a few years before anyone tries to rip it off.

I think it's likely that it will.

The mod is getting worked on' date=' it's updated a lot and has great support from the community.

Additional to (or even more important than) that; the games is very open ended.

The map is immense

You can do so much different stuff

There's alot to see

Good gear is hard to come by (so you wont get bored as fast)

You might loose everything in the blink of an eye, so you won't be bored because you've already unlocked all that you can like in other games

I think all of that points towards a long lasting game. And hey, Arma 3 is on the way :)

[/quote']

Having to start over is actually sort of boring because you have to spend a few hours trying to get at least some decent stuff.

I figure the players will start to drop off in a month or so when gaming websites grow bored of posting dayz related content, but once the beta is released a new infusion of players will likely come with it, so yah in 2-3 months there will probly be plenty of players still.