Sign in to follow this  
master721

FPS Issues

I don't think this is really a problem with me because no matter what I turn the resolution and details and AA and stuff, the FPS is around the same and I also get the same thing happening. Occasionally I'll have repeated moments of 0 FPS (in short time of each other)

COMPUTER SPECS

FdW6

the Arma engine is not great optimized, plus it need a decent hard to run acceptable.

your processor is screaming for a replacement, the video is on mins , but it would need it soon.

dont expect to run the engine at an acceptable fps with that specs. consider an upgrade

the Arma engine is not great optimized' date=' plus it need a decent hard to run acceptable.

your processor is screaming for a replacement, the video is on mins , but it would need it soon.

dont expect to run the engine at an acceptable fps with that specs. consider an upgrade

[/quote']

But a lot of the time I get like constant 20~30 fps.

if you have a Desktop you can try to overclock the processor, Also your 8800GT is pretty dated too, might want to think about switching that out.

do you have any programs running the backround?

if so, close them.

the game is very CPU hungry.

the best way to be sure is to run the benchmarks of the game.

singleplayer-missions-benchmark1

its possible to get good fps in an open field with not too many objects, but its not the same that in a forest or in a big city, it all depends on how many objects are being rendered, the complexity of the objects, shadows, etc.

idk where you live or the prices there. but im sure that with little money you can do wonders to solve it. i know its probably not good news but i assure you that its the only "magic solution".

for ex a gtx 460, mid range card can run the game almost maxed out with great stability, other similar cards will do it the same way.

any dual core processor 2.7-8+ will do it

Good luck!

Actually instead of a 460 get a 560...

i believe the new Nvidia cards came out and they are slightly faster than the 4xx series. and you can pick one up for cheap, check craigslist maybe a guy who is upgrading can give it to you for cheap!

If you say get a 560,not a 460,why not get a 690?:) (That's around 1000$ haha!:P)

That's like 4000 here!:) (meaning...3 months,all money invested in it!)