Sign in to follow this  
WingR

My 2 cents (1.7.1.5)

I've played DayZ for 2 Days now.

My feedback would be this:

1) Starting is the most frustrating thing in this game.

I have to find a weapon first. Most of the times i get a axt. With this i go to find a Gun. Even if I finde one, I still have to find some ammo for it. I cant store my 2hand gun and have a axt at the same time.

Solution: please give me a knife that i can fight with or let me store my weapon on the back, while i use the axt.

2)Cant make fire.

After some time of beeing forced to fight against zombis that i cant fight without losing life (because i still just have my axt), i cant get my life back. i would like to make a fire and find some food in the forrest.

Solution: add stones that can make fire (flints?). Or give me a tool from the start (i think any scout has something like that)

3)Server hopping.

Even i understud that serverhopping will give me items, if i join and leave other servers, because i can stay in my "good loot building" and dont have to run arround.

Solution: players should be forced to start in the forrest next to the town when they DC on join (add some points arround the citys) this will also stop people from joining the server and instandly killing you from behind.

4)Crawling over the map is boring as...

5)Zombis run faster then Usain Bolt.

Realy sporty for half death meat

Solution: make them slower, so they cant catch up again? but i would not worry so much if i would be abel to make myself some food.

-------------------

i would also like to flatten those tin's that i see over and over. my cuisin almost cut his finger of as a kid, because he was trying to open a tin of peanuts. anytime i open any form of a tin, i'm super scared of them, because they are very sharp. i would realy like to use them as a weapon like they did it in prisons.

more bikes would also be great (havent found one so far)

All this has been said before what i got from this basically was.

Your a noob who is not very good at the game and cant play it for shit.

In other words this isnt the game for you.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for DayZ, but you're not helping. Not everyone who has a frustrating experience at first should be ushered out the door. Some just need time to come around to the experience of DayZ and realize it's not a traditional game. OP is at least not ranting and raving about the ruinous mess of a game that is DayZ. I don't agree with any of his suggestions, but at least he presented them without acting like most of the people on the forums.

Try meting out some advice. OP might come around one day and see the light.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for DayZ' date=' but you're not helping. Not everyone who has a frustrating experience at first should be ushered out the door. Some just need time to come around to the experience of DayZ and realize it's not a traditional game. OP is at least not ranting and raving about the ruinous mess of a game that is DayZ. I don't agree with any of his suggestions, but at least he presented them without acting like most of the people on the forums.

Try meting out some advice. OP might come around one day and see the light.

[/quote']

My bad its just there are about 50 of these types of posts each day and there not helping if i was going to give some advice i would of said use the search function.

Has been playing for 2 days, try harder, come back in a week or 2.

The first days for me where Die, died and died again. And now, in the last 4 weeks I have been killed only once (wich was my own fault, careless, taking chances in daylight, and it got me a well deserved death as a result).

So basically, noobify the mod.

The mod is frustrating for you because you have only played it for 2 days, or because you expected something else.

All your above suggestions ultimately removes every survival aspect of the mod, if what you asked for is implemented, every player is more or less self sufficient from the get-go, this is not the point and its not fun.

or let me say it like this:

i understand that you guys found the mainways and a lot of you have learned where to camp. i just think its boring to get shoot by the airfield and castle's over and over, because there is only one "right" way to go.

spawn -> get weapon from that deer thing -> maybe try to find some food -> airfiend/castle for best weapons -> serverhopping for kills -> start to mastrubate (i hope you get the ironie here)

when i was a kid, i played games for fun and for the experience.

todays "kids" only know this:

you are not as good as me -> NOOB NOOOOBBB NOOBBBBB!!!!!!

it was a close fight -> flame as LUCKER!!!!!

outplayed -> HACKS!!!!! you suck!!!

i know that there are ways to get good gear. but when i play like 5 hours just to get killed by a sniper, to start with nothing again, then i would like a more chilled start. looks like there was a time where people started with a gun. i wonder why they took it away... maybe because people where starting a deathmach at the spawns?

@Suspenselol

i think that the start is to much luck based. thats all

Im sorry but you have day z completely wrong.

From what ive read your not playing the game properly and it sounds like you just left cod and went onto day z.

Also i dont really think you can have much of an opinion on the game after only playing 2 days of it.

I've played DayZ for 2 Days now.

My feedback would be this:

1) Starting is the most frustrating thing in this game.

I have to find a weapon first. Most of the times i get a axt. With this i go to find a Gun. Even if I finde one' date=' I still have to find some ammo for it. I cant store my 2hand gun and have a axt at the same time.

Solution: please give me a knife that i can fight with or let me store my weapon on the back, while i use the axt.

2)Cant make fire.

After some time of beeing forced to fight against zombis that i cant fight without losing life (because i still just have my axt), i cant get my life back. i would like to make a fire and find some food in the forrest.

Solution: add stones that can make fire (flints?). Or give me a tool from the start (i think any scout has something like that)

3)Server hopping.

Even i understud that serverhopping will give me items, if i join and leave other servers, because i can stay in my "good loot building" and dont have to run arround.

Solution: players should be forced to start in the forrest next to the town when they DC on join (add some points arround the citys) this will also stop people from joining the server and instandly killing you from behind.

4)Crawling over the map is boring as...

5)Zombis run faster then Usain Bolt.

Realy sporty for half death meat

Solution: make them slower, so they cant catch up again? but i would not worry so much if i would be abel to make myself some food.

-------------------

i would also like to flatten those tin's that i see over and over. my cuisin almost cut his finger of as a kid, because he was trying to open a tin of peanuts. anytime i open any form of a tin, i'm super scared of them, because they are very sharp. i would realy like to use them as a weapon like they did it in prisons.

more bikes would also be great (havent found one so far)

[/quote']

Alright, when you are new to the game everything is much harder but I will try to answer your questions and help.

1. It's supposed to be difficult. This is what makes it DayZ. That being said I would suggest picking up as much ammo for all types of weapons before you find any weapon so you are prepared with ammo. When I have a gun but have no ammo I will lay it down on a flat surface and then take my axe to kill zeds then pick it up again hoping it doesn't disappear. Also try to crawl around and stay as far away from zed as possible.

2. You can usually find matches in large cities and certain areas that have stores or have the possibility of having them. I have found matches in areas I would not have expected outside of cities also. Basic foods also give 200 health. This can help a little bit.

3. Interesting idea but it would be harder to stay hidden when you ALWAYS have to deal with the same spawnpoints as other players. This increases the chances of well geared players spawning in and having people immediately kill them from camping a town spawn location. (players would have gear other than starting gear)

4. The big map of chernarus is a huge advantage over other games as it provides a massive area to traverse and explore. Finding a location you've never been to adds to the effect of the game. If the map were smaller it WOULD actually turn into one mess of a city like the maps of more mainstream shooters.

5. The zed AI would be much easier to kill and avoid if the zed moved slower. Otherwise it would be incredibly easy to just run away and lose all the zed instead of providing that extra challenge. It would be nearly impossible to die to zed.

If you think about it, the incredibly short reach of a sharp tin can or a hunting knife would be much more ineffective against the reaching arms of a zed compared to weapons such as the crowbar or hatchet with a longer reach.

Vehicles should not be easy to find. Right now it becomes a challenge to find and repair a vehicle and provides a more long term survival purpose than if there were ten of them fully repaired lined up near a starting location. It also provides an incentive to play dayz with others.

that was more about "noob friendly" gameplay.

i think that it is more effektive to serverhop then walking arround on the map and get killed by a sniper (worst senario).

what is not survival about making fire with the flints? i just think that beeing forced to find matches to make a fire (they will also run out?) is to luck based. you still need the axt for wook and the animal itself.

i would also like to be abel to get up stairs with a broken leg. you should also be abel to hobble (but thats something else..)

traps would also be nice by the way...

Why complain about getting an hatchet?

Hatchet is by far the most overpowered zombie defence weapon in the game.

Unlimited spamability,one hit kills, absolutely silent, so no chance of attracting hordes when triggering a lone zombie. you find them ABSOLUTELY everywhere, and to boot, they take up NO inventory space and you dont have to worry about ammo.