t0bias

Direct voice stopped functioning?

This is something that really caused problems for me and my buddy trying to co op in this mod for the past few days.

Started on the second day of playing, we were looting around chernogorsk and the server experienced failure or something and when we logged back in my friend was badly wounded and there was another survivor around who we shot because we realized he was stealing blood packs from my incapacitated friend's backpack and we were confused as hell because neither of us appeared to be able to hear each other through the in game direct voice chat thing. This has persisted over the past two days, it's still completely non functional. When I hit push to talk, I still see "direct communication" in the bottom left screen, but my friend can't hear me, and it's the same in reverse.

Haven't been able to get a response from ANYONE when I ask in side chat if anyone else is experiencing the same problem, but this is really causing issues with our attempts to work together.

Yeah I have been having the same problem.... talk to people on direct communication and they don't reply and side chat doesn't work either, its fucking annoying!

Direct communication has been bugged for a while and is an issue with the Arma II Engine itself, nothing we can do.

well how about not disabling global and side chat while this issue is still there. a lot of people are simply not able to communicate what acctually is destroying a key componet of the gameplay.