Kvalek

[1.7.1.5] Czech Backpack disapperaring when switching to ALICE backpack

Date/Time: 1st July 2012. About 20:00 CEST.

What happened: I found an ALICE backpack on the second floor of a building in Berezino and decided to switch it out with my old Czech backpack. After picking up the new backpack, my old one simply dissapeared and i could not find it or pick up the old stuff in the pack. I lost alot of food and ammo in that process.

Where you were: Second floor of a residental building in SW Berezino. A bit south from the southern supermarked in Berezino.

What you were doing: Switching my Czech Backpack with a new and empty ALICE backpack. Czech Backpack disappeared.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5 with latest Arma2 beta patch.

*Server(s) you were on: US124

*Your system specs: i7 2630QM, 8 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 560M

*Timeline of events before/after error: Running around in southern Berezino being chased by zombies. Entered the house and started killing them. More comming to get me from the sound of my gun. When they finally stopped comming, i start to loot stuff in the building.

I should note that this is the second time this has happend to me. Can't remember when and where the first time was. This did not happen prior to patch 1.7.1.5.

This isn't limited to Czeck to Alice, I've had issues w/ every backpack for the last few days.

Workaround is transfer before picking up.

They do go to the ground however the player cannot see them where as the others can.

me and my friend was playing i replaced my backpack to find out it went missing my friend then traded me all the loot.

Had a new issue with this yesterday. This time it was a Coyote Patrol pack to Czech Backpack in a supermarked. Patrol pack was empty though, so i didn't lose anything.

Me and my friend also had the same problem. In the same area as well. He dropped his Czech pack for an Alive pack and he claimed he couldn't see it. I, however, could see it, but when I went to switch mine for his mine then disappeared and neither of us could see it. We didn't lose much of value thankfully, but still.

This isn't limited to Czeck to Alice' date=' I've had issues w/ every backpack for the last few days.

Workaround is transfer before picking up.

[/quote']

Had that too. Lost 10 cans of food and rest of drink.

Dropped backpack was empty after switching.

I had this happen to me in stary, same situation... swapped czech for alice and the czech disappeared. Luckily i was travelling with a buddy and it just so happened it was still there for him, transfered my stuff back into my pack and were on our way.