Sign in to follow this  
ihax

Team/Group Feature?

Would be nice to add a way to invite players to a group or team of players and be able to only talk to members in your group instead of people in your area or side chat or something.

Probably been said a couple times already but would really be nice to see some kind of User Interface, somewhat like the action menu screen, on the right side of the screen that tells you maybe The names of players in your group and the health of them and if they are bleeding and need a bandage maybe show the blinking white cross next to their name. Maybe a little speaker icon to show when they are using voip within the group.

I really think implementing a feature like that would be very useful and handy to many players looking for a small group or team to tag a long with.

I agree that a way to chat in game with your group only is badly needed.

afaik the direct chat ois going to be fixed, so that would be exactly what you want in the end: speak with guys near you without all bandits hearing you

Direct com is, I believe, THE immersion factor for such a game so any grouping feature would just reduces this immersion. If someone's bleeding, have them scream at you about it, I do, loudly! Of course, you need that system to work fine but as Shimmler posted, it's most likely gonna be fixed.

Using external voice-chat or across world grouping systems and the like is fine if it's just limited to meet up (side channel is there for that), but otherwise, why would you willingly use tools to reduce the immersion in a genre that is all about horror, paranoia and said immersion :)

Skin variation and the like would however be great to be able to differentiate between friends at a sight, but I think Rocket posted about it as something that's being/will be worked on somewhat.

ps: when someone's bleeding, you can usually spot the red geiser coming out of him :)