Sign in to follow this  
JumpMaster

Playing DayZ with my son

This may be a bit unusual, but I will ask any way.

I love this game and cannot say enough good things about it. I want to get my son involved but primarily in a PvE or PvZ (player versus zombie)but the only way I have seen that this can be accomplished is by renting a server, which is not so bad. I simply don't want to rent a 30-50 slot server.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I love this game and cannot say enough good things about it. I want to get my son involved but primarily in a PvE or PvZ (player versus zombie)but the only way I have seen that this can be accomplished is by renting a server, which is not so bad. I simply don't want to rent a 30-50 slot server.

im sure there are plenty of private servers that offer RP style that keeps killing on sight to a minimum. usually have to get whitelisted. you can look at the recruitment section of the forum and make a post telling them what you are looking for.

you don't need to rent your own server to avoid getting killed on sight! :)

just choose a private server that plays a PVE style that you enjoy.

Edited by cash81

nope. to have a private server you'd need to pay an extra $25/m on top of the normal server cost too. 

not a good idea to mix children and videogames with cannibalism and 10,000 players who will troll and play herbert the pervert soundboards in his general direction

better to find him a good vanilla shooter with low attention-span and quick action. introduce him to the game with 225km2 maps later on. i suggest heroes and generals because it's very light hearted and it's also free, as well as not having any chat features for talking to your opposition (he could not be trolled by nasty enemies)

that's just my two cents. when i was younger my dad bought me BF1942 and MOHAA, and those were really fun. honestly you should make sure he plays MOHAA even though it's an old game. it was a really great title for it's time. i don't think i would have had the attention-span for ARMA-2 

i'm assuming your son is 6-15/ under 18. i really would not recommend this title for somebody that age.  (not only are there possible attention span problems with younger kids and dayz, but also the sense of loss at losing a character and the frustration from it would be magnified. )

Edited by Wookieenoob

nope. to have a private server you'd need to pay an extra $25/m on top of the normal server cost too. 

not a good idea to mix children and videogames with cannibalism and 10,000 players who will troll and play herbert the pervert soundboards in his general direction

better to find him a good vanilla shooter with low attention-span and quick action. introduce him to the game with 225km2 maps later on. i suggest heroes and generals because it's very light hearted and it's also free, as well as not having any chat features for talking to your opposition (he could not be trolled by nasty enemies)

that's just my two cents. when i was younger my dad bought me BF1942 and MOHAA, and those were really fun. honestly you should make sure he plays MOHAA even though it's an old game. it was a really great title for it's time. i don't think i would have had the attention-span for ARMA-2 

i'm assuming your son is 6-15/ under 18. i really would not recommend this title for somebody that age. 

This is why I want a more secluded PvE/PvZ for the two of us

\

This is why I want a more secluded PvE/PvZ for the two of us

\

there are certainly servers like that, but player interaction is never a guaranteed thing, you can still encounter the same aggressive players on these servers. you should perhaps look for a server that says "whitelisted" and find it's website, get whitelisted. these servers will be private and will always have the same playerbase. if it is a PVE server this is where you will see rules followed. 

Thanks for the replies.I have opened a thread in recruitment. I may think about renting a server and white listing people who want a less predatory environment

• Like 1