Sign in to follow this  
reiber

Servers?

Has anyone figured out if there is a bug with seeing available servers? I cannot see the server list on the change server list.

Same problem here.. cannot connect on friends either. Keeps saying waiting on host, but will never connect and will not show a single server up no matter how long it sits or what filters I change. Was working fine yesterday,.. something with this hotfix messed it up.

Same problem here.. cannot connect on friends either. Keeps saying waiting on host, but will never connect and will not show a single server up no matter how long it sits or what filters I change. Was working fine yesterday,.. something with this hotfix messed it up.

yeah mine was too, I looked at another post further up the page and they sent them to the Battleye site which lacks in Info and Battleye has been super relentless if you have a software problem. I got a battleye ban while playing Arma2 for some reason ( i wasnt scripting, I didnt have any cheats downloaded, the only thing i can figure is someone got a hold of my CD key OR I got disconnected and reconnected to fast making it look like i had 2 characters active. they told me to go buy another copy of A2. that company is shitty IMHO

from http://www.battleye.com/support.html

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When starting the game with BE enabled I cannot see or connect to any servers. How do I fix this?

First of all, please ensure that you have no hidden malware or adware installed by scanning your system with an up-to-date anti-virus software. However, certain malware might not be detected and still interfere with the game. To fix this please reset your system's Winsock connection settings by opening a Windows command prompt as administrator (go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories, right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator") and entering "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotes). Reboot your computer and check if your problem is fixed now. If it still isn't please contact us for direct help at support[at]battleye.com.

I am happy to report, that it is working now. But I am running adaware Anti virus, so no adware and i am running Malwarebytes so I ran a bunch of un-needed scans just in case and it all could have been fixed with the winsock reset.....But why make us do it? Love the game, love Bohemia But Hate Battleye.

I am happy to report, that it is working now. But I am running adaware Anti virus, so no adware and i am running Malwarebytes so I ran a bunch of un-needed scans just in case and it all could have been fixed with the winsock reset.....But why make us do it? Love the game, love Bohemia But Hate Battleye.

All it does is reset your winsock settings to defaults.

A loooong time ago when I used an overzealous anti malware/virus (bitdefender?) I remember having to do the reset thing after uninstalling. I believe the program was doing something to it to monitor and filter internet traffic, something that it should have been doing differently. I don't really remember. 

If it happens again, try turning off any active antivirus/firewall programs you might have running. Something changed it back.