Sign in to follow this  
kelden

It's frustrating when you cannot find a vehicle anywhere on any server

Sup the population of this game has increased by alot and hundreds of players frequenting each server and leaving vehicles lost and never to be found again or hoarding vehicles outside the map.

Also not enough vehicles, you can literally search all day and quite possibly never find a vehicle, gargantuan waste of time.

Vehicles respawn if they're not used for 7 days.

But yes, people storing them on the edges of the map is a problem.

Are you looking for any vehicle in particular? If so, you can go about finding it in two ways:

1. Find where it is likely to spawn, and monitor it actively. With so many players on the server, it's more than likely to be destroyed upon capture than change hands.

2. Hunt for base camps. Scour the map from NW to NE, clearing down. You're bound to find camps and vehicles.

I can tell you for a fact, vehicles are a PAIN IN THE ARSE. Once everyone in your crew knows you have one, they'll be whinging for a pickup from the coast. Idiots.

Why are people even able to save camps and vehicles outside the boundaries of the map? Surely the boundary could be adjusted so that the server won't save camps outside the map.

If you were limited to the edge of the drawn map, it just wouldn't be sandbox would it? Where's your sense of adventure? lol

I heard Rocket has an upcoming patch where all vehicles respawn if they are outside of the map on Server restart.

I heard Rocket has an upcoming patch where all vehicles respawn if they are outside of the map on Server restart.

I really hope this is true. I searched for vehicles for 4 hours the other day. I covered some major ground. Nothing. I am convinced that they are being stored off the map. They also need to sort the fact that their location is trackable through server files. I'm am absolutely positive I got burned by server admins cheating and getting the location.

I found 4 vehicles in 1 day purely by chance. Bicycle in the middle of a dirt road, someone's motorcycle on a hill by a tree, someone's empty fuel tank atv on a dirt road, then someone's van in a forest. I also found someone's off roader on a hill close to stary sobor, another atv out of gas in a bush off a road, then a bus by berezino. Just walk around in weird places and you will find vehicles.

I found 4 vehicles in 1 day purely by chance.

Same here, well, I found 2 atv's about 20 min before bed, and then after playing on my server for 20 min I found 2 boats. Pretty sure I hijacked the atv's from someone and the boats were actual spawn.

And now for my horrible horrible story..... Goddamn this is embarrassing, but it goes to show, Vehicles can be bad.

So, it all started this morning. I went out on mine and my cousin's "good" atv. Figured I haven't ever seen a boat, may as well go look for one. Near the wrecked ship, south towards Berez there was a boat!!!! Ok, I'ma hop off and hide my atv, put my stuff in it incase I have to swim at all.

This is where I made my first mistake lol. Overfilled the ATV and lost my flipping Night Vision Goggles..... Such a dumb mistake. But, I got a boat now. Gonna go hide it so me and my cousin can come back and figure out what to do with it. I got around the corner of the sunken ship and found the second boat there!!! Figured good enough, I drove right by here and didn't see this, plus even if someone takes one, there's another.

Back to my atv, heading into berez. We need to fix up the other atv so we can roll out together in style. (Also seeing 2 atv's may trick people into thinking that there is four of us and not two) So I head to the warehouses next to the harbor. Did you know that the Harbor is also glitched for the atv's? Lmao me neither. Up in the air I went. To quote Joel from Rooster Teeth Podcast, it was "THE SKY! THE GROUND! THE SKY! THE GROUND! THE SKY! THE GROUND!" WHAM! On my side, broken legs, bleeding, shock, and needing pain killers. Thank god I have all that.

After emptying my atv I head back to the boats with some gas tanks I scavenged. Head down south to our base (yes, we don't hide our stuff in the north/west off the map) Just as I make it back to camp my cousin wakes up, hops on and I tell him how much of a dumbass I am, As I put it "I got Good news, Bad news, Good news, and Bad news.." "Oh?" "Found a boat, lost the nvg's, found a second boat, lost the atv" hahahaha

So we decide to go collect the last boat. Take the atv out, and guess what? I forgot about the trench by that ship. "THE SKY! THE GROUND! THE SKY! THE GROUND! THE SKY! THE GROUND!" Wham and FIIIIIIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cousin's unconcious. I'm bleeding from the top of my head (Love the blood spray Rocket!) heal myself, pull him from the wreckage, he has an epi on him so I make him all 100% We lick our wounds, lamenting the loss of our last atv, and head to the boat.

Now I was under the impression that A- the boat was full of gas, and B- I had spare tanks on me anyway.... Nope.....

We got stranded out at sea.... Had to make the swim.... I told him about the horrible horrible glitch and how we had a 1 in 100 shot of making it to shore with our gear..... we both lost our gear at the exact same spot too deep to get..... Rangefinders, His NVG, his sniper rifle (heli loot) my 24 slot backpack, everything in our backpacks we had worked towards.... All because of my goddamn assumption....

At this point my cousin got a liiiiiiitle bit angry. Realised he still had his sidearm and killed me. And All I could say was "I deserve that. I'm gonna go sit in my closet so I don't break anything else"

TL;DR: Lost all vehicles and loot in a bad string of unfortunate events all before the first pot of coffee was even finished in the morning.

Recently, I was in the possession of NINE vehicles.

It's dwindled down to 3 again, though. Some people stole their cars back :3

Might be able to get it back up a little by returning to the old camp some day, maybe a few vehicles are left!