Sign in to follow this  
h00t

Trucks and PE on.

Hey y'all!

Been looking all over for some answers but without results. We decided to try out persistence on for a couple of days and so far it's looking good. But how does the trucks respawn? I know they are persistent now but how does it work? If you flip one in a field and leave it, will it be there forever or respawn in time? And if so how long does it take to come back? If we have a truck in the camp and don't move it will it degenerate and respawn somewhere else?

If you flip it and leave it it should flip upright with a full tank on server restart. If you don't touch the truck for a multi-day period, it's likely it will respawn elsewhere, similar to other items. (I can't confirm that, we always use ours daily.).

What about the wednesday wipe? Is it still happening? does it happen with trucks?

e.g tents losing all items.

The wednesday maintenance does (for the time being) wipe all persistence data, meaning any trucks, tents, backpacks left around the world, and resets the loot spawns.

• Like 1

The wednesday maintenance does (for the time being) wipe all persistence data, meaning any trucks, tents, backpacks left around the world, and resets the loot spawns.

I'm getting somewhat conflicting info about that.. Some claims their tents and stuff still exists for the most part after wednesday wipes.

Edited by stefeman

We've never had anything not on our persons survive Wednesday apocalypse.

• Like 1

I'm getting somewhat conflicting info about that.. Some claims their tents and stuff still exists for the most part after wednesday wipes.

Sounds to me like one or more GSPs aren't doing their job properly.

Hey yall

We have a big problem with the trucks not reSpawning on our server. There is about 5 trucks stuck in some kind of limbo at the north edge of the map. They dissappeard through the map or up in space and now they just stand there, not willing to let no one enter and use them. We've tried blowing em up but they just laugh and remain there On some kind of strike. There is one truck in sosnovka (north of Zelenogorsk) without wheels and sunk in the tarmac. You can open the doors but the option to enter will not come up. They have survived restarts and the maintenance without moving back to a new spawn. And a few of them have been seen on the bottom of the sea at prison island (I hate lazy ppl who does uses this exploit). Is there a way to reset them?? We have had a good run with PE on now with full seever most nights but with trucks stuck outside the map or half buried in the ground and not respawning we need some help. The truck are quite moody too, the ones in limbo (outside the map) have been knowned to kill ppl trying to enter them. Plz help...

There are(were?) hacks that let you move/teleport trucks. Some peoople go through servers and just teleport them into the water. Trucks are persistent now. They do not reset on server restart.

Try reporting this on the feedback tracker http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view_all_bug_page.php

wiping your hive should fix it.

Yes I know that the trucks are persistent now, and as I stated in my post we have a problem with them not respawning from broken/stuck state. We have tried (as I also wrote) restarting, the clear loot storage and we just had the wednesday maintenence. But alas the trucks are still standing there broken or just "outside the map border" taunting us... I will submit a ticket on the tracker, I just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue and if you had found a solution/trick.  

Hey yall

We have a big problem with the trucks not reSpawning on our server. There is about 5 trucks stuck in some kind of limbo at the north edge of the map. They dissappeard through the map or up in space and now they just stand there, not willing to let no one enter and use them. We've tried blowing em up but they just laugh and remain there On some kind of strike. There is one truck in sosnovka (north of Zelenogorsk) without wheels and sunk in the tarmac. You can open the doors but the option to enter will not come up. They have survived restarts and the maintenance without moving back to a new spawn. And a few of them have been seen on the bottom of the sea at prison island (I hate lazy ppl who does uses this exploit). Is there a way to reset them?? We have had a good run with PE on now with full seever most nights but with trucks stuck outside the map or half buried in the ground and not respawning we need some help. The truck are quite moody too, the ones in limbo (outside the map) have been knowned to kill ppl trying to enter them. Plz help...

Merged.