Sign in to follow this  
FireballRoberts

Saving a Tent

Greetings,

I have a quick question about saving a tent in Dayz. A couple dayz ago I found an old camping tent in a building, I proceeded to place the tent far off into the woods. When you finally have the tent placed it gives you a "Save old camping tent" option. Now from what I read, this saves the tent server-side so it wont disappear. But when I try to click the option it doesn't do anything. I come back after a couple of hours and its gone. My question is- Is saving tents bugged or am I just doing something wrong? If it is in fact bugged got any ideas for storing items? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,:)

It doesn't give an indication once you click the button. It should still work though.

Also be aware that from time to time your tent will fail to spawn. This does not mean it's gone, just that you will have to wait for the server to restart before it will come back again.

I placed one tent very close to a tree, and in some time(maybe after restart) i found two more tents next to mine, wtf? They somehow multiply themselfs. How to cure this madness?

I placed one tent very close to a tree' date=' and in some time(maybe after restart) i found two more tents next to mine, wtf? They somehow multiply themselfs. How to cure this madness?

[/quote']

Did you pack your tent and place it again? Each time you do that, the database remembers the old position and will bring it back after a server restart. So if you packed and moved it twice, you would have three nearby tents after a server restart.

It's annoying. I'm guessing it's one of the things that will be addressed in 1.7.2 which might explain why it's taking longer than planned.

The situation with 'place tent, pack it and pickup up to place again in different spot' gave me results even worse, i got 5 tents instead one, placed one over another. But last time, I set my tent once on another server, and found 3 tents instead of 1... I destroyed others tents with my car, dont know results, wait for server restart.

Me and my friend experienced this too. We used to play on EU 4 but it's closing soon so we packed up tents and moved to DE 25. After playing about with the tent placement we both disconnected but I've just recently reconnected and there's loads of bloody tents about.