demoore

A player ran in game economy.

Player Accepted Currency  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What in-game money system would you like to see in game?

Barter is the best economy to use B) Any one item could be worth more to someone at any given time then to someone else who might find it completely useless. Whatever it is that you need most is the most valuable thing in the game.

i don't want to see any in-game currency. if there would be something used for currency it should be left to the folks who play on that server community. i don't want to see a mmo economy with a market place bullshit with an m4 being sold by bots for 10000000000 bullets. leave it to the players to trade and organize events to acquire goods and services. now if i misunderstood your idea i do apologize because anytime i hear mmo talk like currency or marketplace when it comes to dayz it makes me cringe and grind my teeth. i could see currency or paper money being used as currency on an RP server though but that falls into the line above about it being up to the player community on the server and what they feel is right to use.

I totally agree with you. This economy was supposed to be entirely player ran. No bots. No universal values. I just wanted to see where people sat on the whole issue.

Separate from that I made an edit to the OP. 

I do a lot of trading and I can tell u a full stack of netting or burlap is not rare or valuable to me.

I can find 10 burlap sacks in an hour just by getting off the coast.

Many items are so rare I would never part with them unless you gave me exactly what I needed.

The highest demand items right now are ak bayonets, suppressor east, pso scopes and m4 parts.

The above items are so rare I could find 100 burlap sacks before finding 2 of any(aside from m4 parts).

Your in game currency would never buy you many of those items.

Trading in dayz will always be barter for what you want.

There is no way to setup a player run. Currency because so many players do not even get off the coast to find the best items.

Unless your currecny is protector cases, suppressor east s or pso scopes.... Items which are so rare very few people have more than 1 of which makes it hard to use as a currency.

Edited by trev186