Sign in to follow this  
CrashBoomK

CrashBoom's List of suggestions

Well I started typing this then lost it all so I'm redoing this.

First my big ticket idea..

Water Proofing Spray. - A spray can that is used up in one use and able to only be used on clothing/backpacks but not Ghillie stuff etc.  It should be a rare spawn but it opens up a whole new world for people.  Ya'll have added so many clothing options it stinks that people can't rock whatever they want due to weather sometimes.  This gives those people an options but an expensive one depending on just how rare the spray is.  After all even if you do spray your favorite Green Check Shirt yes it's waterproof but can still be damaged and destroyed and the pockets are still limited to 2 or whatever and not to mention you still have the heat/cold aspect to consider.  All this does is help expand possible choices for people to wear during the rain and make better use of the clothing if they can find the spray.  Plus I think it would become a good trade item if it's pretty darn rare.  It's used up completely after being sprayed on 1 item and the look for it should be same as the current spray cans just with a different graphic.  Maybe call it HicksWax? lol http://www.nikwax.com/en-us/productselector/waterproofing.php

Whetstone. - We can sharpen Axes already on Stones but only to damaged level.  I'd like to see an actual Whetstone for sharpening all sharp items knives, axes, etc.  It's a real thing and well it should function just like all the other repair kits and degrade with each use while only restoring an item to worn quality.  It should probably be similar to the stones but be more rectangle or square and probably take up only 1 slot hopefully.

Improvised Repair Kits. - Specifically at least Leather and Sewing Kits this combines several ideas into one really.  If I can make bone Fish hooks then I feel I should be able to make bone needles out of small bones and some larger ones as well.  Since one is required currently to craft the leather stuff I figured it would be nice for survivalist if they could make their own possibly to replace the first one used.  Now I don't know what all you'd need but for a Leather Sewing Kit I guess I'd imagine, Leather Pouch, Knife metal or Stone, bone needle, hammer, pliers or cutters, leather strips/strings (which could be crafted by cutting tanned leather) combine everything into the pouch and boom Improvised Leather Repair Kit.   Sewing Kit would be similar except only really a leather pouch, bone needle, thread/cloth (either could be harvested from rags/clothing).

Cookpot Storage. - Since Cookpots are unique in the actual size of them in real life, and well the fact that they take up 4 slots and have 4 slots of inventory.  I feel that you should be able to put anything you want into the 4 spaces inside them.  This will make it more realistic instead of only being able to put food into it currently.  This would also be a way for people to put the Gas stove into the pot saving storage space instead of how it currently works where attaching cookpot to stove reduces it to size of the stove.  Basically it'd be more like a backpacking stove setup in a way.

Slingshot. - It could be similar to the .22 in power but similar to the bow and arrow in aim.  Not sure about crafting one but I was leaning more towards the professional high speed types.  It could be used for Hunting or creating distractions it would be useful for killing rabbits and chickens but only be capable of knocking out larger animals with a head shot.  Against Humans it would be a knockout in the head and a rare possibility maybe for a death with the right conditions or strictly non-lethal.  The ammo could be ball bearings, marbles, or small stones gathered up (Which would need to stack).

Improvised Shoes - Duct tape and Rags combined to create some really crappy shoes that wear out super quick.  They would be really ugly and all but would give people a way to make some spare shoes if they ruin their boots somehow due to bugs or stupidity etc.  Just a thought.

I've had tons of ideas and thoughts but I forget to write most of them down unfortunately not that any of them will go forward just figured I'd throw it out there anyways.