Sign in to follow this  
LtShadow

Freezing/Low FPS every 20-30 Seconds

I have been having this issue ever since I started with DayZ; Every like 20-30 Seconds I freeze for about 5-6 Seconds then I get a Low FPS for 15-20 then it goes back to my steady 30-35fps! Its not the connection, I have a 20Mbps download speed and 5MB Upload Speed. And all of the server I joined had a ping under 64ms and had less than 30 players.

What is the problem?!?!?

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium (Dual Core) 2.1Ghz

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Onboard Graphics Family; 1GB Dedicated Memory

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM Standard HDD

I don't have any problems on High settings in single player and getting a steady 36FPS.

I am using the Six Updater launcher.

Thanks!

p.s. This is my first post.

Try setting video memory to default within the Arma 2 video options.

Alright, will do.

Wait, I don't have default.

Its; Low, Normal, High, Very High.

I heard after using the Six Update launcher can cause this, try closing six updater after you've launched.

Good luck.

Hey had this same kinda of issue. I found that alt tabbing and closing six launcher then returning to the game seemed to work. Think it has something to doe with six updater refreshing the server list in the back ground. hope it helps.

Looks like your CPU. Check out the minimum requirements and compare.

I had this same problem too, closing the six launcher when you find server will fix it most likely.

also worth a try is alt - tab out of the game, in task manager change the affinity of arma2oa.exe to just 1 cpu then change it back to all of them.

Arma can cain just 1core sometimes causing this, its a windows problem and abit random sometimes. Doing this should make it use all cores.

worth a try anyway

What is the problem?!?!?

Specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium (Dual Core) 2.1Ghz

RAM: 4GB DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Onboard Graphics Family; 1GB Dedicated Memory

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400RPM Standard HDD

I don't have any problems on High settings in single player and getting a steady 36FPS.

I am using the Six Updater launcher.

My specs are almost identical to this except I have an ATI HD 5770 gfx card. I get the exact same symptoms and have tried closing the Six Updater launcher with no improvement.

I tried a test running Task manager (performance tab) and also running resource monitor to record what my game is doing. I noticed that when I freeze, my cpu is maxxed at 100% and then as it continues, the cpu drops back down to 80-90%. I can only imagine that this game abolutely hammers the cpu and my Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz is just not good enough to handle it.

p.s. new pc is on its way to me in 3 days from this post with a MUCH higher spec :P