Sign in to follow this  
420marc@gmail.com

2 accounts 1 computer

So i have being playing dayz for several days now through steam and loving it, my younger brother was bugging me alot wanting to play it so i went ahead and bought him arma 2/arma 2 oa on his steam account ( he's still in school) anyways since then its been nothing but disaster, he logs in and runs game like i did right clicking arma2 in steam and selecting run combined ops, but now he keeps getting "error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine"

i have covered all the basics, set launcher parameters, resinstalled both aram2 and oa, reinstalled beta, reinstalled dayz, reinstalled directx.

Anyways now i cant even play on my account and it's pretty damn frustrating. would love some help with this, thanks

You both are playing on the same computer?

Just logging into a different steam account on the same computer will not change the DayZ profile that computer uses. You'll have to log into the steam account, and then re-install BattlEye (open your Steam Games Library, right-click on Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and select Re-Install BattlEye Anti-Cheat). You have to re-install BattlEye each time you want to switch profiles.

As far as the Direct3D error... google search is your friend. Here's a few links that can be found just searching "error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine":

Bug #27868 - Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine

"Error Creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine" Error

The solution on those threads is to make sure the launch options are correct. Are you using the shortcut in your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory that says Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch? And that the Target field in that shortcut is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash?

If that doesnt work, keep searching the googles.

found the problem, i had all the xpacks for arma2, but my brother didn't, so i just removed them from my steam acc for the time being, thanks for the reply though.