sumusiko

Lagging a bit check my specs.

My computer lags quite a bit , can you see if it should run atleast "ok" with these specs?

3 RAM

processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz

Windows 7

64 bits

45GB Memory left of space

The game does have some framerate drops. Although, I'm not an expert on hardware, I can tell you that sometimes it's just clutter of data in the servers that causes fps drops. The best way to tell if it's the server and not you, is to wait until it restarts. You can tell it's restarting because you'll get the broken red chain in the corner of the screen and a timer will appear saying 'No connection received' or something along those lines. After it's back up, join immediately. It should run smoothly. If not, I guess you'll either have to lower some settings or upgrade the hardware. Sorry I couldn't give you any technical advice, but I hope this helped somewhat.

Graphics card? From what you have mentioned so far you will not be able to probably play on anything except the lowest quality settings, assuming your graphics card is a low end one.

Are you using six launcher to play the game? If so once you've picked a server close six launcher, that helped me slot.

It also depends on your GPU as previous post mentioned. I was able to try out DayZ on different machine than my home PC this weekend.

My home PC is Intel core 2 duo E6550 @ 2.66, GPU Nvidia 8800GT.

Work PC is Intel Quad Q6550 @ 2.83, GPU Nvidia GTX260.

The rest is pretty much the same.

There was a quite huge difference from what I've seen and played throughout the weekend (although not even on high details, the FPS went from ~25 to ~40)

Imho it's playable on your mentioned machine, however some lag should be expected - thus, it ain't that ok:)

Are you using six launcher to play the game? If so once you've picked a server close six launcher' date=' that helped me slot.

[/quote']

Ditto. I was vexed by freeze ups of a few seconds every 30 seconds or so. Eventually made the connection and with 6launcher closed it was all smooth - in low traffic areas at least.