Kjell Bjarne

12000 blood - what unit is that?

12000 blood - what unit is that?

A normal human has 6 Liters/ 6000 Milliliters of blood.

In what unit does DayZ count the blood?

It's an imaginary unit equal to ((total amount of blood in a healthy human - blood level a healthy human dies)/12000).

I am quiet sure Rocket had good reasons to choose 12000. I just want to know what reasons that are. Maybee it is some kind of english or american measurement I dont know.

Wikipedia says this about blood units:

"Unit of blood, a measurement in blood transfusion equal to one pint or 450 ml"

That means the 12000 could be millibloodunits totalling 5,4 liters of blood at top.

A human won't survive 90% blood loss, yet dropping from 12000 to 1200 will still leave you alive and sprinting (though randomly falling unconscious). Just a typical health game mechanic.

It probably started off with 100.0, with many zeroes behind the period as the player is losing blood. So Rocket bumped it up to 10000 so that it's an easier to read number, without using a period. Then he decided the player loses blood too quickly, but instead of changing all the blood loss mechanics, he bumped up the player's max blood to 12000. Then he decided the balancing was good enough, so he kept it that way.

So why 12000? Because it's a number that works.

Note that the above is 100% speculation.

its in micro Gills.

eight gills is way more than i thought

It probably started off with 100.0' date=' with many zeroes behind the period as the player is losing blood. So Rocket bumped it up to 10000 so that it's an easier to read number, without using a period. Then he decided the player loses blood too quickly, but instead of changing all the blood loss mechanics, he bumped up the player's max blood to 12000. Then he decided the balancing was good enough, so he kept it that way.

So why 12000? Because it's a number that works.

Note that the above is 100% speculation.

[/quote']

It still keeps track of a single decimal.

Except that the average human only has 10 pints of blood....

All the average humans are dead.

12 pints of blood. = 12000 easy.

12 pints of blood - sounds like the order of a bunch of vampirs in a pub :P

I think you are right.

On the other hand you dont divide pints by 1000. A pint is 20 fluid ounce or 5 gill. Just looked that up. Damn, the imperial system is crazy.

I thought it was blood pressure, not a measurement of actual blood. Still, that doesn't really help answer your question.