reaver91

Im not going to be the good guy anymore

I've had a lot of issues going into Day-Z. My life each playtime was basically 15 minutes because Zombies liked to spawn behind me. Now I found a bunch of stuff. Got AK, Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc. I was pumped up! I was going to go out in the world exploring! Help people because I had so many bandages... Then a player comes and kills me for no given reason.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now, I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

lol..ive been shot plenty of times after getting all geared up..and i'm still a good guy. It just teaches you to be more sneaky :) Dont let them get you down..there are plenty of good guys out there.

Embrace the dark side, dont fight it. I suggest group for awhile, see how you like it.

Lol, i was thinking of becoming one too!, but not because i was shot but today ihad my first encounter with another survivor i only had a hachet and bandages and was about 30 min in the game. hewas being chased by some zeds so i decided to help, i got bitch slapped by one and that got my leg broekn i continued to kill 4 of them and when i turned around i see the guy running away! i shouted out for him but no...

next time im not going to help the other survivors...let them learn their lesson..

weakling. growup and dont let the darkside onsume you ;) so easy.

i still help survivors till they have their guns. feels even better if i trade with somebody or just can help him out. just never let your defense down.

Yea I can see that, I did it the other day I find it very weird that 90% of the server population kill me on any server for that matter.. IF you can't fight them, join them. So any person i see I just kill them I don't take there stuff but im not risking no chance of them opening fire on me.. So yea i did become a very cautious person when playing this game

LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOUUUUUUU

Now, just wait until you get lucky like I did and acquire an AS-50 with about 6 mags, and have a team of 2 spotters at the NW airfield. 15 murders in 4 hours. None of them moved an inch after the shot went off. And yes, the 50 stands for 50 caliber, and it's QUIET. It's just a simple "crack" really. Nothing like the DMR.

I don't know - I must be extremely lucky, I've been playing for quite a while now and only got killed once by a bandit - and that was probably because out of loot greed, dropping my guard.

I have seen and met other players frequently, some I even traded stuff with, others just walked by me without even noticing.

Best moment I had was when I went AFK really short to grab a drink right at Balota Airfield Control Tower, I was prone right behind the tree next to the entrance, just when I came back I saw three players rushing in from the chain link fence and storming into the control tower. Too bad I had just looted everything 5 minutes ago.

The weirdest was recently after I had cleared Zub castle tower I heard someone sneaking around and shooting a zombie at the gate. I wrote in directional - "Hi there I'm in the tower, come in with your back to the entrance if you have friendly intentions". The guy panicked and just ran away with full speed, aggro-ing 3 or 4 infected. He died before he even reached the residential buildings nearby. He had a revolver and a box of painkillers, that was about it.

I've had a lot of issues going into Day-Z. My life each playtime was basically 15 minutes because Zombies liked to spawn behind me. Now I found a bunch of stuff. Got AK' date=' Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc. I was pumped up! I was going to go out in the world exploring! Help people because I had so many bandages... Then a player comes and kills me for no given reason.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now, I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

[/quote']

consider yourself lucky you died a reasonable death, not because of bugs. you made a mistake and didn't take cover / trusted someone not trustworthy, learn from it.

never trust anyone with a gun, make sure you spot people before they spot you, shoot on sight if in doubt. or risk to die. being the samaritan doesn't pay off in dayz, unless its the type of roleplay you are after - check the dr. wasteland thread in survivor hq.

imagine you got almost everything you can get, and then you randomly fall 25 meters to your death right after spawn, without a chance to recover your stuff. and then again, i don't complain because its alpha.

Lol' date=' i was thinking of becoming one too!, but not because i was shot but today ihad my first encounter with another survivor i only had a hachet and bandages and was about 30 min in the game. hewas being chased by some zeds so i decided to help, i got bitch slapped by one and that got my leg broekn i continued to kill 4 of them and when i turned around i see the guy running away! i shouted out for him but no...

next time im not going to help the other survivors...let them learn their lesson..

[/quote']

Thats the way!

Kill on sight!

I seek the confrontation with players.

And i kill everyone, armed or not!

Shruu

Love all the Darth Vader references in here! :D But yeah I've been reading what you had to say and I guess it's all about keeping your guard up. I suppose I let mine down because I was geared to the teeth. My brain thought "Oh yeaaaah got ma AK and ma BEANS let's ROCK'N ROLL". Oh well, gotta keep trying I guess.

Yea I can see that' date=' I did it the other day I find it very weird that 90% of the server population kill me on any server for that matter.. IF you can't fight them, join them. So any person i see I just kill them I don't take there stuff but im not risking no chance of them opening fire on me.. So yea i did become a very cautious person when playing this game

[/quote']

you are really cautious when you can do it all without firing your weapon.

so many people just take the ''easy'' way out. but its your expirience and i got mine. so i am happy for both sides.

I'm getting tired of seeing the same QQ whining thread over and over. "QQ I LOST MY STUFF, NOW I'M GOING TO BECOME WHAT I HATE". If you actually know how to sneak around and don't run out in the open like a complete retard, you won't get killed by players and zombies. It's the glitches that are constantly killing me that piss me off.

Run if you can, kill if you MUST.

Kill if you're in dire need of supplies and if you might suspect that a player you just saw got what you need.

There is no need to kill without reason, just waste of ammo.

Did you enjoy getting killed? If not, then don't kill just for the heck of it.

Be smart and stay away, you will survive longer that way.

Maybe I need to explain the situation that happened. It seems like some people are making up the event that took place in their heads. I was in a barn finding stuff, I then saw a player running past the barn. I raised my weapon moving away from the big open doors. He then POPED (By poped I mean appeared out of nowhere (yes a bug)); up right in front of me *pop* *pop* *pop* -> Dead

No weapon = No threat; most likely no loot; not worth the bullet(s)

Weak/Secondary weapon = Low threat; Watch their activity

Military grade equipment out the arse = High threat; most likely in a squad; shoot on sight.

Military grade equipment out the arse = High threat; most likely in a squad; shoot on sight.

100% Agree with this post with one exception:

Won't respond to hails in direct comm = Up to no good; murder them.

That sums it up pretty good. Someone with a high tier gun + alice or coyote is not going to stop and ask if you want some beans. Either stay hidden or pop them if you have no choice. They are definitely gonna pop you and not risk losing their gear.

Getting upset (read: forever transformed) because you died once is pretty funny (read: sad).

I die atleast once a day trying to be nice but i still never shoot on sigh.

I allways try to stay hidden and try to direct chat to see how they respond and if its looks like the are gonna kill me i get lost.

This is not becouse iam stupid its just the way i think the game is the most fun.

And its gets me killed allot so iam not so attached to my gear and it onely takes about 45 min to get new gear.

It's Official. I am NEVER being a nice guy again. I try to help, but Ohhh no, people are not having any of it.

In a nutshell:

1. Spend 8+ hours playing the game.

2. Doing really well, geared up to the max

3. All i need is a larger bag (which i am finding impossible to get, help?)

4. I head to BEREZINO

5. I hear gunshots when entering the city and see zombies going mad

6. I direct comm and tell the guys i will help out

7. I kill a large number of zombies.

8. Announce i am friendly

9. Get some med supplies

10. Walk round the corner

DEAD!!!!!!!!!! FFS (Was shot from across the street, one shot and my leg broke, could do nothing, the guy finished me off. I was soooo PISSED)

Shoot anything that moves is my new strategy.