Sign in to follow this  
icewolfjd

Wait for Host

I have encountered a problem on dayz commander. Whenever i try to join the Dayz epoch server I play on it says "wait for Host" for a long time. I have tried other servers they do the same. When i am in the black screen that says "wait for host", if i press esc then it will bring me to the arma main screen. I have spent days trying to fix this and it just came up like 2 days ago. I have tried re-installing dayz commander, arma 2 OA, arma, verifying game cache and re-installing battleye. Anyone have a solution. 

im assuming you bought the game through steam?

If so, when was the last time you ran both (through steam) arma 2 and arma 2 OA? and the DLCS PMC BAF.etc?

Your fire wall could be an issue, rarely it ever is nowadays, but your antivirus could have had an update, make sure that you add (Battle Eye, Steam, Arma and any other programs you may want ) to your exclusions list.

When you get to wait for host screen that can mean 2 things, either your arma 2 profile is trying to communicate with the BE client and cannot, or there are certain files that either get corrupted and or damaged but you said you already verified the game cache so it has to be your arma 2 "profile" not communicating with Battle Eye, which is why your able to join as far as Wait for Host. Running the games through steam every now and then, updates arma 2 and Battle Eyes registry through steam... which is why you cannot join a server, well.. you can join, but, cannot connect to lobby.

Hope this helps

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz