SMoss

Status Report - 17 Feb 15

Next we have a prototype ready for continuously usage of items which will be used in new controls/interactions, this means that you are continuously using item in hand by holding mouse button, when you release it use action is stopped. With the new animation system added to the mix it means that also eating and drinking during movement will be possible.

Please don't do that, this is even more annoying than the current "cancel action" we have now. We don't need to eat and drink while walking or running, just make it so when you move in any direction the current action is cancelled.

Or maybe one key for start eating and the same key for stopping it.

Edited by Wili

I'm all for this but I reckon the biggest improvement to blood bags would be to let us write labels on the bag!

Bloodbag + Pen = Profit.

• Like 1

I like the new direction of the blood bags etc. The medical items were seriously lacking attention.

But that said, the spawning of these items also needs more attention.

Blood types should be persistent across deaths, or perhaps across character appearance changes?

If not, then it needs to be a lot easier to come across testing kits. They should be part of the 1st aid kit.

That or create an "advanced" 1st aid kit (Paramedic bag??) that has everything needed for bloodwork A thru Z.

The new interactions of the items are great, but actually getting the items and keeping them are a pain.

ok what about people like me that never seem to have anyone around to bloodbag me because i am a huntsman and self regen is the only means i have of getting back the blood i have lost.

if they are going a head of this how about adding the "SELF BLOOD-BAG"!!!

rather than screwing around with things that at the moment work how about working on the water pump so you can "cancel action" because that zombie is beating the living s##t out of you, V3S popping under the map and losing all your gear, walking up stairs and then back down to have "YOU ARE DEAD" pop up on your screen or zombies walking through walls, etc, etc.

seriously though, military will try not to overload a vehicle and plan a comfortable load, but in a zombie apocalypse are you going to leave a buddy behind just because he can't have his personal space between him and the person with cuties next to him?  I think you should be able to grab onto the side of slow moving vehicle and hang on or pile in as needed to escape a bad situation.

Im all for the improved medical system!!!

but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Add in some mechanic where you dont just die right after a few wounds, make it so we can go into a deep comatose state, in which we can be revived with the right medical treatment.

That's something I'll agree on as well. Give a better chance or longer time to revive someone. Perhaps a timer of 5 minutes regardless of your final state to try and bring you back. Perhaps it will not be successful because your health is -200, and the best treatment can only deliver 150 health (Completely made up numbers, just trying to make a point).

I notice it's too quick to render "You are dead".

Unless your head is blown clean off, you should never hit that point unless you've been bleeding heavily for a set time. Gunshot wound to the chest should not even deliver that. Give a slight (very slight) chance where someone can do some serious medical work and bring you back.

Currently it's pretty worthless to do any "medic" effort because death is just too easy.

Regarding V3S passengers, hopefully they get rag-doll effects added to them later. So if your driver's acting like a white-van-man who's just been chopped up by a pizza delivery moped, everyone on the back gets thrown about - or even off, possibly - with related injuries incurred.

And generally, I hope the complexities for driving the vehicles don't stop at merely making us tap a key to change up or down a gear. The more skill and practice it requires to control vehicles well, the better.

Currently it's pretty worthless to do any "medic" effort because death is just too easy.

Right, but that's because the infected danger level is non-existent, this will change. IMO most bullets to the body should kill quick.

Cooperative interaction with meds will be centered around surviving against the infected. I'm betting infected will do mostly shock damage, which I'm assuming most of the medical coop interaction will be based.

Edited by Coheed_IV

I agree with the medical changes. But regeneration of health should still be steady and stable through food and water ingestion. Blood bags for instant/emergency fixes. Food and water for long term stability.

Went to get in a healthy vehicle that seemed to have run over a tree yesterday, jumped over the tree, went to open vehicle door, and bam! Insta dead! Like whoa! Really?

Glad to see new things being implemented, but still some major bugs with collision.

On the whole, good stuff. I just hope this medical thing isn't nerfing regeneration more than 50%.