Sign in to follow this  
a_irish_fella

ah man im fuming! im big noob..must read

Man i did such a noob thing and its made me so mad arrrrrrhhhhh, i have been putting in a session today made my way down the coast gathering good loot and made it to the prison island for 1st time surprisingly it was a ghost prison :) bot a soul about the place and unlooted in full 50 server which i found surprising, so i swam over and headed to kamarovo where 2 guys opened fire with mosins, after 20 minutes of intense gameplay i killed them and started to loot the bodies, just to notice a guy running in the distance, i decided to give chase, got within 20 yards of him and plop i forgot i had my gun unequiped....FOOK A DUCK, he spotted me, i managed to get my sks out and shoot him but he put me down! I have many hours in dayz sa and no not to grow attached to gear but doing such a nooby thing really pissed me off...arrhhhhhh Only myself to blame, i dont see myself as a bandit as the first 2 guys shot first, the guy who did kill was suspiciously close to the first guy i killed, but anyway i gave chase and died because of the noob inside me :( R.I.P DungShoveler 

funny I know that "don't get attached to your gear" shit but I can't shake it. As soon as I'm fully geared I lose interest in the game and move on. I just can't put my toon in silly situations that will get him killed.

funny I know that "don't get attached to your gear" shit but I can't shake it. As soon as I'm fully geared I lose interest in the game and move on. I just can't put my toon in silly situations that will get him killed.

I was like that in my early hours of dayz, would find a decent gun etc and it would take me easily 30 minutes to get through a town without looting, just trying to stay away from any conflict, im now more calm etc in gun fights and when  someone kills me fair enough but when i do a noob thing like stated above its hard not to get mad, but hey what ya guna do its just a game after all, all be it an intense adrenaline pumping finger twitching game :) i swear to god some intense gunfights my hands are  shaking with adrenaline.

As soon as I'm fully geared I'll stop playing because I don't want to loose another M4 xD

What? Whenever I'm fully geared that's when I look forward to encounters the most. I only kos at military sites but if anyone is acting suspicious or doesn't talk when I hail them then they're now a target too. I'm constantly travelling between NWAF and the new island hoping to encounter people. (I'm on my 2nd M4 since .53 and 3rd character)