tekky

Huey Spawn Question

Are the helicopter spawns still disabled on most servers? Or did I miss a set of patch notes where rocket stated he fixed the problems with fuel? I've looked around and have not found any recent information on the subject.

Any info is appreciated :)

To the extent of my knowledge, helicopter spawns are disabled across all server except some of the very old ones.

I have recently read that both the fuel tank leaking and epic lag when flying problems have been fixed, so why they have not been added back is a bit of a mystery.

My hypothesis is that they are trying to find a way to remove the radar functionality from them, as this makes finding other vehicles a snap.

Thank you for the help, also, do you know if vehicles spawn on hardcore servers?

Thank you for the help' date=' also, do you know if vehicles spawn on hardcore servers?

[/quote']

Never heard of them not, finding vehicles is pretty hit or miss right now as the vehicle respawns are not working properly.

Had a V3S of ours get destroyed, but it respawned back where it blew up in perfect condition after a server restart.

And before anyone accuses me of exploiting, the server was not restarted for several, i.e. over six, hours after the V3 was destroyed. Still spawned right back where it blew up in perfect condition.

I sure can't wait to get choppers back' date=' although all vehicles in this game are great. Hiding them for later gametime is hard though :)

[/quote']

I hate to keep harping on the hacking aspect, but until Battleye actually does something other than provide a false sense of security, hiding vehicles is basically a game of luck.

People using ESP hacks can see every vehicle tent and player on the map, and most likely even the ones hidden off of it. So until those hacks are fixed and the douchebags that use them banned, your base not getting raided is only because the hackers haven't gotten to your shit yet.

I sure can't wait to get choppers back' date=' although all vehicles in this game are great. Hiding them for later gametime is hard though :)

[/quote']

I hate to keep harping on the hacking aspect, but until Battleye actually does something other than provide a false sense of security, hiding vehicles is basically a game of luck.

People using ESP hacks can see every vehicle tent and player on the map, and most likely even the ones hidden off of it. So until those hacks are fixed and the douchebags that use them banned, your base not getting raided is only because the hackers haven't gotten to your shit yet.

hmmm, well I hope its all sorted out soon. I've been looking for vehicles for awhile now. Havnt found anything :[

Couple reasons they might not be in yet.. I heard that the heli's have radar that allows them to see vehicles so until that's disable that could be one reason. The more likely one however was a recent interview (pcgamer I think?) where he mentioned wanting to make it so anything outside the map will despawn on server restart.

Couple reasons they might not be in yet.. I heard that the heli's have radar that allows them to see vehicles so until that's disable that could be one reason. The more likely one however was a recent interview (pcgamer I think?) where he mentioned wanting to make it so anything outside the map will despawn on server restart.

If that is the case, people will just start parking the choppers in places that are impossible to access without another chopper, that are still on the map. IE the top of International hotel in Cherno.

If that is the case' date=' people will just start parking the choppers in places that are impossible to access without another chopper, that are still on the map. IE the top of International hotel in Cherno.

[/quote']

That's cool, I can still shoot the crap out of it and ruin their day when they log in and are now stuck on a roof with a disabled chopper.

Supposedly there is still this issue:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/32339

This issue existed with cars earlier, as well. It has been fixed months back (atleast with cars) and I have not to this day seen a single evidence / repro of this bug with helicopters. As far as I'm concerned, there is no desyncing problem with them, atleast not on a proper server.

But yeah, latest news is that the devs at BE (ArmA devs) are taking a look at this issue and after it is fixed helis will be rolled on to all server, so Soon™, as Ander would say.

If the devs go ahead and remove the ability to fly vehicles out of boundaries I will cry. Hiding helicopters inside the game boundaries is impossible. There needs to be an alternative answer to stashing the helicopters. Usually people get them after hard work, if they have to be hid inside the real map it will most definately get stolen in a matter of dayz. Besides, if it were realistic.. I could just fly the chopper much much further instead of leaving it in the area where zombies area. So in this case it could be flown outside of Chernarus with ease.

sooooooooo i just found a huey behind the supermarket in pusto. its almost fully gassed and has ammo in the guns. the hull and rotor are red as hell. we had hackers on our server last night who were nuking the coast with fighter jets and attack helis. our admin restarted the server and all those vehicles despawned... can this thing be legit???

the other day they said vehicles parked off the map were going to be cleaned up and spawn back in the map, maybe this is a real spawn? can anyone tell me? im currently camping this heli while my friends look for a rotor lol.