Sign in to follow this  
PrettyLegitimate

Unlucky?

So, after five or so days of straight playing, and accumulating some of the best gear, I log on this sunny afternoon in the forest a ways out from one of the NW Airfield barracks. Before my textures even finish loading, I'm shot and killed by a shotgun.

What are some of the generally infuriating random happenstances that have happened to you, DayZ community?

By the looks of things you spawned in debug forest and someone shot you are you sure the server you went on had the latest version?

I was over in Zelen, by the supermarket, waiting for a friend to load in so I could save him from his unconscious bleeding (we were ambushed the previous night, I was the only true 'survivor' my other 2 mates died and he was wounded. Still managed to kill all 5 of them +1 epeen) While he was loading, same as you, before the textures loaded, his character appeared and was stuck in the wall, and I could not bandage him, he sat there for a good 30 seconds more trying to load in so he could move his guy, and alas, the moment he logged in he got to see his character bleed out, and fall over looking at me. After that major disapointment, I proceeded to turn and shut the door I saw open near me, while I looted his body, the door caught my leg or something, I fell over unconscious, broken bone, shock, bleeding out, and died there before I could even understand wtf just happened. (I did not get shot, as there was no sound, and due to the angle I was closing the door at, the assailant would have had to be right infront of me to shoot me.)

Unlucky all over the place. Lost my DMR, M240, NVG, Ghillie, Coyote Pack, and GPS that day.

Got killed by hackers twice this past week. First time, I got sniped through several walls from around 600m away. I had a saw, m16acog, nvg, gps, coyote backpack. Second time, a hacker nuked the server and I had an L85, M4a1 cco sd, coyote backpack, and the car I was in disappeared.

I love this game so much, even with some of the silly bugs ive experienced.

Worst would be these 4:

- I logged off the other night and then came back hour or so later and I had fallen through the floor and was on top of a Barbed Wire.

- I was way up north and found a farm... I was going down the stairs and I fell from about 1-2 feet and I broke my bone. Was all out of morphene, had tons of the things I wanted.

- A door closed on me and killed me in this house once haha

- I logged back into Dayz to hop on this server a friend was on, needless to say when the game loaded I was in that neverending desert area and not only that but ALL my stuff was gone!

Anyways, this game rules, I have not been this addicted to a game in years. I am almost embarresed with how much I have played this game the last 3 days.