Sign in to follow this  
M4ster (DayZ)

Helicopter Crash Sites

Hi everyone ;). I've got few questions about heli crash sites.  For me its quite important thing because i really want to find my sweet smersh vest and maybe m4 or AUG. 

The problem is that i've found only one long time ago and I cant find more. I try to search in every possible location but unsuccesfully :(. Where do you mainly search for heli crash sites? Where do you find it most often? Do they spawn on persistence:ON servers after 0.53 update? If you found it recently, what was the loot ? :)

Sorry if my English is too bad ;x thats my first thread here :).

Peace :v

My best luck honestly has been patrolling from Green Mountain to Sosnovka then down through Zelengorsk.  I picked up plenty of smersh gear aswell as an Aug which I gave away.  Pretty much every server restart I have come across at least two crashsites within this area.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

You played on persistence off serv didnt you?

Yes the current server I play on (central) is persistence disabled private shard.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

First off are you playing on persitence enabled or disabled servers? Servers that have it enabled are having issues with chopper crash spawns showing up. Also not sure if you use them but there are several online maps that show possible sights. Not sure if .53 has cleared up this issue or not because I haven't played on the persistence enabled servers yet with the new update

I tend to run around from Komarovo to the NWAF, head east a bit then south back to Grishino and then on to Stary Sobor and back to Komarovo. I usually find 2 to 3 sights, most are picked over but I've gotten lucky and picked up an Aug and M4 from the same chopper. Still haven't found the SMERSH vest but I'm gonna try some more to find one. Hope this helps you out in your search

• Like 1

Hm. Is that possible that they fixed it? Did anyone from developers crew mention that?

Edited by M4ster

Hm. Is that possible that they fixed it? Did anyone from developers crew mention that?

Everyone take note! The issue has been fixed as far as I know. 

I was at NWAF this evening on a Vilayer server (persistence ON) and found a heli crash site. Smersh vest, plenty of STANAG and M4 mags, grips, ammo, etc. Not much in the way of weapons though, just a shotgun and a FNX. Still, it apparently works now!

Edited by 404Cat

Everyone take note! The issue has been fixed as far as I know. 

I was at NWAF this evening on a Vilayer server (persistence ON) and found a heli crash site. Smersh vest, plenty of STANAG and M4 mags, grips, ammo, etc. Not much in the way of weapons though, just a shotgun and a FNX. Still, it apparently works now!

The Persistence ON servers indeed to spawn crash sites with 0.53 but the loot respawns every time the server goes through hard reset I believe. Once per week on those official servers. From my experience, the soft resets, when servers go down for 2 minutes dont respawn the crash site loot on persistence enabled servers and seems that the same crash site is staying on same spot through soft resets till next hard reset. So most likely you were lucky, being the first guy there to loot it. Not 100% sure yet if the central economy will respawn or add items to the crash site yet, need more testing on that front.

In other words, If you want to farm crash sites for the rare loot, you currently have to do it on persistence disabled servers since there the crash sites totally respawn, since every reset is counted as hard reset.