Sign in to follow this  
LORDPrometheus

How often should server restarts occur

24 members have voted

1. 1. How often should persistence servers be restarted?

• 1-2hrs
    • 3-4hrs
    • 5-6hrs
    • 7-8hrs
    • 9-15hrs
    • 16-24hrs
  2. 2. Yes they are going away but how often should non persistence servers be restarted?

• 1-2hrs
    • 3-4hrs
    • 5-6hrs
    • 7-8hrs
    • 9-15hrs
    • 16-24hrs

Server restarts are a double edged sword. On one hand it helps fix memory issues and improves performance as well as resetting loot (on non-persistence servers). On the other hand it kicks you from the game sometimes preventing you from rejoining since others fill the slot before you reboot dayZ (because it crashed lol) and can cause character rollbacks or even total loss. So how often should a persistence server be restarted and how often should a non persistence server be restarted?

Also what should the policy be in terms of warning by the server before a restart.

3 to 4 hours is a good time limit i think, its not just about the loot i think a server refresh is need somtimes.. abit like defragging your harddrive if people still do that now :P

If performance wouldn't be an issue, I'd like restarts to be as far apart as possible.

• Like 1

And how often is that?

The devs know much more on how the servers should be handled than me or most others here. For the moment the 4 hour restarts are done to improve server performance, in the future that could be more far between because of optimization done server side.

I think ideally once or twice a day would be nice for users but if it affects how the server performs i would rather have every 4 hours like we have now.

Edited by HeXedMinD

3 to 4 hours is a good time limit i think, its not just about the loot i think a server refresh is need somtimes.. abit like defragging your harddrive if people still do that now :P

Auto defrag, memory auto fix, backup set, and full antivirus scan every Wednesday at 12:00am

The less server restarts the better, server restarts only if needed.