Sign in to follow this  
Gravelurk

Zombie Herds

Greetings, this idea came to me while I was randomly heading towards NW Airfield.

So, this is what I thought.

Other then cities or sometimes barns / sheds placed in the environment there isnt much zombie activity? I mean, you NEVER see zeds in the Woods now do you?

So, this is what I thought.

What if, there were 2-3 Massive Zombie herds, I`m talking like 20+ zombies spread out randomly placed on the map, and walking in any direction, it`s actually like that Walking Dead episode where the zombies followed the chopper.

I mean, just imagine seeing a massive zombie herd moving in a random direction from a hill far away, or seeing a player run / fight them.

Also, just imagine running through the woods at night, hearing zombies growl, and walk towards ur direction, you prone down in the grass, and slowly wait as large numbers of zeds pass you by while growling, it`s pretty creepy.

I kind of like this idea, what do you think?

Also, just imagine running through the woods at night, hearing zombies growl, and walk towards ur direction, you prone down in the grass, and slowly wait as large numbers of zeds pass you by while growling, it`s pretty creepy.

I think i would shit my pants!

Sounds like a nice idea to me... i would like to have that ingame

Love the idea, but not as zombies currently are please!! If this could be added later I'd be extremely grateful!

I think this would be a good addition but in addition to the large hordes I'd be ok with small 2-3 zombie groups also. I would also think the large hordes should possibly have some AI that keeps them away from say the bottom 20% of map because no weapon + horde = bad.

I like the idea pf zombie herds, or any kind of zombie in the wild at all.

I do feel like that the current zombies might be a bit too punishing in a horde in the middle of the wood.

In cities, zombies aren't much of a trouble, because you can chokepoint them indoors. I wouldn;t want to be the one stumbling across a horse of twitchy, warping or clipping zombioes in the middle of nowhere. :P

Though I do agree with the sentiment.

The game already has 'Woods' areas ingame, where you can't use the hatchet to collect wood unless you are in there. Just make zombies spawn in there.

I like the idea of zombies actively searching for people, though this would be a pain in towns and cities due to the cramped quarters, it would be awesome in the forests around them.