Sign in to follow this  
malletgallet

Spawning in "Wilderness"

Date/Time:

May 14, 2012

What happened:

When I connect to a server, I spawn in an unknown forest, with other players that are, I'm guessing, connecting to the server or already in game.

Where you were:

I was in the church in Pogorevka when I disconnected, and when I reconnected to a new server, I was in "Wilderness".

What you were doing:

Look above ^

*Current installed version:

*Server(s) you were on:

FR3 was when it originally occurred, and I tried to connect to Virginia 9, EU3 and was still in the wilderness

*Your system specs:

Win XP 32bit SP3

AMD Athlon 3400+

2GB DDR Ram

Nvidia 9800GT 512MB

MICRO-STAR MS-7145 Motherboard

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Arrived in Pogorevka and disconnected in a church to join a server my friends were in, connect to FR3 in "Wilderness"

Same problem as you since the last 5 minutes.

I was in Electro walking around and i've been TPed in the middle of nowhere.

I think it's an admin command, I was in a RU server... fuck those people really.

It's not an admin command, this is due to the last patch.

As far as I can tell it happend to pretty much everyone after logging in for the first time after the patch.

If it occurs otherwise, it might be due to hackers or an actual bug (not so likely).

well, I just killed my-seft (respawn command), it's the better solution imo.

I think, if you find an Admin on your server, he'll be able to TP back on the map.

It's not an admin command' date=' this is due to the last patch.

[/quote']

well, i've been TPed in the middle of the ocean, something like 2km away from coast and when I got on the ground, that was the wilderness lands.

Btw, using the respawn buttom doesn't work.. you keep respawning where you dropped.

Is there any keys to commit suicide or smthing ?

Same happend to me.

this have nothing to do whith the respawn on coast that came when first logging in to 1.5.7.

This happend after i had logged in the first time.

I spawned in electro with first login to 1.5.7 then got myself to pusta, encountered some zeds and got knocked out but my friends saved me, so i got back up. But i had gotten punched so much that i had to relog in order to hear stuff. And when i came back i spawned in the wilderness way south outside the map, although i had everything left, including stats.

I have some footage of the bug.

It's still processing right now.

I tried various things to see what the outcome (and potential harm) of the bug is, I'm sorry for any damage to players caused (health, gear).

As you can see, players spawn invisible, and sometimes visible without backpack or weapon. At this state they are killable yet do not drop anything, probably because it's some sort of placeholder character. See 4:30 into video.

It gets bad, however, when a player DOES spawn with his gear and weapon (This is actually not shown in the video, I started recording after this happened). I tried looting his Alice Pack and managed to get some blood bags and beans. My humanity went down here, in contrast to killing those 2 placeholders later, so my guess is that this was in fact a real character with lootable gear upon killing.

I hope this gives some insight to what the bug does and what can happen with it. Again, sorry IF you actually died by my actions or lost 2 blood bags and some beans.