Sign in to follow this  
LeadFinger

Tent Exact Amount of Storage

Does anyone know exactly how much the tent holds?

Also does "Tents (as of 1.7.1.5) can have 53 item slots inside. (excluding firearms)" mean that tents don't count weapons as 10 slots? only as 1 or that tents don't count weapons as inventory space at all maybe?

I would like to know this myself since I keep filling my tent with a bunch of stuff to no end. It seems like it can hold an unlimited amount of things.

COPIED FROM DAYZWIKI:

Quote:Tents are items that offer a source of storage players. They do not save from server to server but on the originating server they were deployed on. Deployed tents cannot be stolen, however the items inside can be.

There are 3 item types:

Packs

Weapons/Tools

General items

Weapons/Tools consist of any weapons, and also include vision equipment and tools.

General items like car parts, ammo, medicine, consumables and such fit in the general slots. Adding a weapon or pack won't reduce the amount of ammo you can have stored.

For reference a tent can hold 5 packs, 10 weapons/tools and 75 general slots.

Tents require 3 Inventory slots and can be placed in Backpacks.

Additional tent info:

A tent requires 3 inventory slots to be carried

It can be put into a backpack when you have it in your inventory

It is movable after you set it up however you can't pick up someone's tent

If you move a tent without taking the items they will appear in a big pile of loot nearby where the tent originally was

Tents can hold 50 items and 10 weapons in them (Binoculars and other tools count as weapons as well) and up to 5 backpacks

For now you have to use the "Save" command from the mouse wheel menu in order to properly save a tent although there still is a 50% chance that a server will eat your tent no matter what

Tents are tied to servers and survive server restarts

EVERYONE can take items out of your tent (but not steal the tent)

Tents require a bit of space to be placed at (around 3x3m)

Tents disappear after 2 days after you have died; you can make a new tent after your death or reclaim items from the existing one, however you cannot take it even if you own it.

That last statement is false (at least as of patch 1.7). Tents do not currently disappear after you die, however you do lose your ability to pack up the tent and move it.

Tents disappear after 2 days after you have died; you can make a new tent after your death or reclaim items from the existing one, however you cannot take it even if you own it. In 1.7 it appears that tents last much longer after death.

The duration after death is unknown atm, it's estimated to be 6+days on the wiki

If you don't know how much a tent holds, you should probably visit the wiki to see what else it is that you don't know, imo.

I would like to know this myself since I keep filling my tent with a bunch of stuff to no end. It seems like it can hold an unlimited amount of things.

Tent and Vehicle storage is different from your regular inventory storage.

Each type of vehicle has a set number of

1 - weapons and tools - All weapons take up one slot. Items that fit in your toolbelt (matches, compass etc) and items that fit in you optics slots (NVGs, Binoculars, Rangefinder) also take up one of these slots.

2 - general items - i.e. Magazines, Food, Medical Supplies. Items that would take up more than on slot in your character inventory, such as a car wheel, will only take up one slot in a tent or vehicle.

3 - backpacks (regardless of whether they are full or empty)

it can store, the same for tents.

Tents have a capacity of 10 Weapons & Tools, 50 general items, and 5 backpacks.

Vehicle capacities can be found here...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10198

I have read that placing a backpack full of items into a tent will destroy any items which were in the backpack. Have not tested this for myself.

Tents have a capacity of 10 Weapons & Tools' date=' 50 general items, and 5 backpacks.[/quote']

I have read that placing a backpack full of items into a tent will destroy any items which were in the backpack. Have not tested this for myself.

Never tested it in a tent myself, but my clan does it in trucks all the time and it seems to work fine.

Example: Guy dies, throw all his stuff into his bag and into the truck, along with anything that won't fit into the bag. Go get him, he reclaims his gear.

As tents and vehicles operate on the same inventory system, one would be lead to assume that this method would also work for tents.