Sign in to follow this  
c0nverge

Day Z hangs on "Preparing to Launch" and never loads

Seems as if a people have been experiencing issues that past few days...

When I try to launch Day Z the steam window comes up and says "Preparing to launch Day Z"  and it just hangs there and the game never launches.  I did get one message about steam not being able to find the day z cloud or something like that. 

So im assuming other people are having the same issue?

Nothing changed on my end, game was working two days ago but now nothing. 

Anyone know whats going on, I assume the game was down or just being worked on but it appears some people can still play? 

Any ideas?

Edited by c0nverge

Seems as if a people have been experiencing issues that past few days...

When I try to launch Day Z the steam window comes up and says "Preparing to launch Day Z"  and it just hangs there and the game never launches.  I did get one message about steam not being able to find the day z cloud or something like that. 

So im assuming other people are having the same issue?

Nothing changed on my end, game was working two days ago but now nothing. 

Anyone know whats going on, I assume the game was down or just being worked on but it appears some people can still play? 

Any ideas?

I only experience this issue when trying to launch DayZ via desktop shortcut. Try launching the game from your Steam library. This usually does the trick for me.

Nope, that doesnt do it.  Is no one else getting this issue?  I find it odd since it was working fine and nothing changed on my end.  Ill try deleting the game files and reinstalling.

Okay so Its a glitch with steam I believe... Possibly my IP changing between my wireless and hard line not syncing with the cloud when I don't restart steam and my PC. Just got the error wig Insurgency on steam and fixed it by restarting. Duh. Didn't try Day Z yet but I'm assuming it was the same deal. So if anyone else gets this issue and sees this, restart your PC and turn off an VPN you may have and it should resolve