Sign in to follow this  
d_rohr

Control basics?

I have not yet been able to play the DayZ mod but have been playing ArmA II to get used to the controls. I am assuming that DayZ uses a majority of the controls from ArmA II but I am also assuming that there are some that aren't used at all. I would like to go through and customize my keys but I would like to have a good idea at what I should be prepping. For those that have played, can someone give me a rundown of the basic controls that DayZ uses or the controls you use regularly as opposed to the ones you don't?

Thanks

It pretty much uses the exact same controls. That's all I can really say because that's all there is to it.

There's a really detailed guide on what yiu need to know in the new player section

Thanks for the intel. I am slowly checking all the stickied guides and stuff. I just didn't know if some of the keys/commands are not applicable. Like some of the team commands and stuff.

As kind of a side note or additional question, I was trying to customize some of the controls but realized that I couldn't use the number keys (not the numberpad) for infantry stuff. I was a little thrown off...

As kind of a side note or additional question' date=' I was trying to customize some of the controls but realized that I couldn't use the number keys (not the numberpad) for infantry stuff. I was a little thrown off...

[/quote']

The number keys are reserved for complex commands in normal arma2 and cannot be changed afaik.

Thanks, Tex. That makes sense. Disappointing but makes sense.

I know that T, Y, U, I, & H looked to be related to multiplayer team aspects. Are these utilized in DayZ at all?

I think I brings up the scoreboard, but for the others, i don't think they have an use in Dayz.

Altough for me i modified only very few keybindings because i play arma 2 as well.