Sign in to follow this  
cheranuscrusiser

I like the variety of items, but the spawning table needs adjustment badly

I think one of the things that is going right with this game so far is the variety of items. I like the different tools and weapons, granted... if the newer built engine can handle it we could use a heavy weapon in the future like a mini-gun or a anti-tank rifle.

But the loot tables are so bad right now. It appears that they force some items that would be common in real life to be rare.... while allowing other items that would be rare in real life to be common.

For example.... what is up with pistol magazines? In 10 days of playing, (about 1.5 hours each day), the only pistol magazines I've found were all for the FXN .45 which the devs have forced to only spawn at helicopters. (making the magazines nearly useless for a casual player). I literally found 5 FXN pistol magazines but not a single magazine for the many different 1911 pistols I've found, nor the many CR-75 pistols I've found. I also never found one single P-1 magazine....

But many FXN.45 magazines...... It's so fake to find pistols without their magazine that it's immersion breaking to me.

The Dev's have done a good job of limiting sniping, and I get that. But why make it so hard to have a working pistol? The combat on this badly built engine is so awful that I don't thinky they are limiting KOS any bit by purposely making magazines almost impossible to find. If this is such an early Alpha game, why are they going through so much trouble to limit certain items that frustrate us and break the immersion of the game?

I think one of the things that is going right with this game so far is the variety of items. I like the different tools and weapons, granted... if the newer built engine can handle it we could use a heavy weapon in the future like a mini-gun or a anti-tank rifle.

But the loot tables are so bad right now. It appears that they force some items that would be common in real life to be rare.... while allowing other items that would be rare in real life to be common.

For example.... what is up with pistol magazines? In 10 days of playing, (about 1.5 hours each day), the only pistol magazines I've found were all for the FXN .45 which the devs have forced to only spawn at helicopters. (making the magazines nearly useless for a casual player). I literally found 5 FXN pistol magazines but not a single magazine for the many different 1911 pistols I've found, nor the many CR-75 pistols I've found. I also never found one single P-1 magazine....

But many FXN.45 magazines...... It's so fake to find pistols without their magazine that it's immersion breaking to me.

The Dev's have done a good job of limiting sniping, and I get that. But why make it so hard to have a working pistol? The combat on this badly built engine is so awful that I don't thinky they are limiting KOS any bit by purposely making magazines almost impossible to find. If this is such an early Alpha game, why are they going through so much trouble to limit certain items that frustrate us and break the immersion of the game?

It isn't hard to get pistol clips you must be looking in the wrong places.

In the last two days I have found clips for the P1, 1911, CR75, Amphibia and many speed loaders for the magnum.

I haven't just found one either, I have found a minimum of two for each of these pistols.

Ah,

Then perhaps everyone I looked people have only picked up the useful magazines and left the FXN .45 clips?

I have to admit, I only seach Cherno are which is near the coast. But even the barracks, which has plenty of pistols, have not revealed any useful magazines.

May I ask where is a good place to search that is not on the coast?

But I still think that people would have picked up the FXN.45 clips I've found if they were there... so my gut tells me that useful clips spawn less. (for rare guns, they spawn more clips)

I even found a 30 round MP5 magazine. (A super rare gun, so they allow higher chance of the magazine to spawn I'm thinking)

I'm not sure where I found each clip some were probably found in police stations and military bases but the houses I search are
Piano houses, Yellow houses with pink roof, Log/wood cabins and Big brick houses.  If I search all of those types of houses on my way to a destination I generally end up with lots of ammo and guns.

I think I found Cr75 clips at tent city in the NW Air field but I'm so tired that I'm having trouble using my memory.
Makarov clips are ridiculously abundant at the new military base near Myshkino.
I've found more than a few 10Rnd .22 Magazines at police stations.
Fast forwarded through my own gameplay footage and I definitely found a 1911 clip in a piano house.

I tend to move quite quickly across the map since I almost exclusively loot those houses and police stations while on my way to military bases so maybe I find lot's simply because I travel long distances and go all over the map

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin

I like the variety of items, but the spawning table needs adjustment badly

Totally agree - last loot table patch was a while ago - but what we really need is persistence working and loot distributed by the central HIVE database ;)