Sign in to follow this  
dethsupport

Recently returned to DayZ

So I recently came back to this game after a long hiatus. I spawn as a fresh, cold, hungry bambie. No idea where I spawned but I see one of those empty two story logging/warehouse buildings not too far off. So I bolt over while popping my battery into my flashlight out of habit. A zombie sees me and I'd normally run while naked but I see a taloon backpack on the second floor as I stepped up the stairs, a great way to start my character's run. The Zed runs up after me and I'm backed into a narrow walkway with no way around, so I throw up my fists and begin to rocky balboa the flailing zombie when I hear a voice ring out nearby. Its an armed player on the first floor saying to step away from it so he can get a shot. I step away but there is no way around so its hard to break contact. Instead I just resume punching out the zed's rotting teeth. After a grueling battle of fistycuffs I stand victorious, though a little bloody. I strip off my shirt, tear it to shreds and staunch my wounds. The player asks if I need anything, any food or a basic weapon. I try to communicate that I do not need anything, though I appreciate the offer. For whatever reason he says he can't understand me, so I step a few paces away throw my arms to my side and wiggle, the classic loldunhurtmeh dance and then claim my well earned empty taloon backpack when I hear the crack ring out.

You Are Dead

Came back after something like ten months away; killed as a shirtless, empty pocketed (except my amazing flashlight), and empty backpack sporting bambi. Didn't time it but definitely under ten minutes.

Oh DayZ, how I've missed you :D

@Dethsupport

can you reach outskirts of Zeleno? South of it i mean?

If you can, i will gear you up from head to toe, arm you to the teeth and feed you as well.

@Dethsupport

can you reach outskirts of Zeleno? South of it i mean?

If you can, i will gear you up from head to toe, arm you to the teeth and feed you as well.

I appreciate the offer but I'll turn it down, part of the enjoyment of this game is the scavenging aspect which forces me to run into all sorts of different people and have funny interactions like the one above.

• Like 1

Play experimental. It feels more friendly. I've had one retard trying to kill me with a crowbar after I helped him and killed zombies around him but afterwards I had a pleasant surprise of running into a guy that gave me a CR527 magazine with 7.62 ammo in it for my SKS.