Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

more diversity in citys and houses with simple tricks

just one is boring all villages looks the same  ..... to low uniqe in look and loot.

put a shoping mile in th citiys  with clothing stores butcher and backer.  

little uniqe stores a first class clothing shop in elektro for example only here in town and in  the north one . and you can find only here rar sunday clothing.

is stupid not the mil loot are the problem the problem is he is the only rar loot.thats the challenge ;)  

different outside textures for the same buildings in one town,  give a more different not so boring look .  

more modular house models . that you can make from one model with one floor a model with two floors and differend  textures.  the one has a black roof the other a red etc.

for example the red bar house. - ist easy to put on the second  door a new room on it. ( a kitchen- on the other a sleeping room- on the other storeroom.)

alone in elektro are 4 from this buildings and with this easy system you can made 4 different buildings here.  and not 4 clones  

the one has his red bricks , the other has fine truss outside.  the one has one from his 4 extra rooms, the other is original and you have quick  a complete 4 different buildings.

the  other is cut the crass in the citys  and the performance will be better.-   crass on a field eat 20 fps ( i have test it. ! ) and  give a different look to the outside

put cobblestone in many backyards and remove the crass - gives  variety and not the same boring look as elsewhere in the country. and better fps on this spot too. 

cut in the wood trees and set a better dence forest edge.  give a different  and more hide options better look and the same fps. 

plowed fields with no or low grasses. give variety and better fps near citys.

dead body with loot in beds  sit on tables . zombis where are in the rooms sit still on  chair or  in the bed.  and wake up when you come in the room random  gives more thrill . 

and so many more. 

random barricaded houses with extra loot inside. food special weapons sleeping backs etc. with dead bodys and zombis inside from the start the infection.  random in the towns.  thrill - variety - different 

a street with only half-timber houses only in two spots on the map. 

beer gardens with a barbecue and you can sit on the tables and trink your kvass and so soon ....

Edited by Crusader78

For a decent start why not randomise house colours on every server retart, it would be a really nice touch and help defeat the fact that there are only X amount of buldings in the game :-/

For a decent start why not randomise house colours on every server retart, it would be a really nice touch and help defeat the fact that there are only X amount of buldings in the game :-/

Why on server restart? Why not just have a range of colours for each current house model (with variations such as pristine looking, ivy covered, cracked bricks and peeling paint). These all add variety to the game and shouldn't have much of a hit on performance (depending on how texture loading in graphical memory is handled). Once these are ready, replace a percentage of the current models with each variation and voila, everything looks different.

The issue with changing it for each server restart is it's not practical and it serves no purpose. It confuses people who learn the areas they like to travel, too.

I think that this kind of thing, however, is something for much later in development (end of alpha or maybe even early beta).

Edited by Beizs
  • Like 2

It would be really weird. Who paints hauses during zombie apocalypse? I think this is pre-alpha -> main things are game mechanics. They will pollish look of the game before it will go full out.

I like the OPs ideas...

but I agree that this is not something that they should focus on at this stage in development.

But the idea of a large shopping mall is amazing. Especially if someday they will be able to categorize loot types and specify particular destinations for those items. Like shoe stores if you need boots, etc.

Just so that more diversity doesn't mean randomizing colors, but actually developing functioning neighborhoods, and providing us specific reasons to visit a place.

I like the OPs ideas...

but I agree that this is not something that they should focus on at this stage in development.

But the idea of a large shopping mall is amazing. Especially if someday they will be able to categorize loot types and specify particular destinations for those items. Like shoe stores if you need boots, etc.

Just so that more diversity doesn't mean randomizing colors, but actually developing functioning neighborhoods, and providing us specific reasons to visit a place.

I don't know if I agree with the categorization of loot, honestly. Weighting it is fine, but the game is pretty clearly set at least a couple of months after the apocalypse. Consdering society has been gone for this long and people have been looting the entire time, everything is going to be scattered everywhere. Honestly, I feel like military bases & clothing stores etc would be the least likely place you'd find something good, realistically.

I definitely see where you're coming from, though. Just not 100% convinced on it (but this is my 100th post).

Edited by Beizs