Sign in to follow this  
Shawn P

[VIDEO] This is why you should just kill and move on

If you shoot, shoot to kill and move on. You never know what might happen if you play the nice guy :-/

If you shoot, shoot to kill and move on. You never know what might happen if you play the nice guy :-/

Thats what you get if you let THIS particular person live...  ;)

Edit: That fence!!!  :P

Edited by Agilov

Thats what you get if you let THIS particular person live...  ;)

Edit: That fence!!!  :P

That fence was the real deal :o lol

I'm trying to become a little more KOS like, only because being the nice guy doesnt work haha

To generalise the way you do would be unwise. I've recently come into contact with 3 friendly people in a row, it is totally down to luck, who you come across and where. Being in the right place at the right time. There is no way to establish a certainty of behaviour in this game, you simply never know who you'll come across and what they truly intend.

To generalise the way you do would be unwise. I've recently come into contact with 3 friendly people in a row, it is totally down to luck, who you come across and where. Being in the right place at the right time. There is no way to establish a certainty of behaviour in this game, you simply never know who you'll come across and what they truly intend.

You are exactly right. I guess there's was a point for me where I was just tired of dying by saying, and meaning, that I was friendly lol. Only so many shots to the face I could take before I decided I should be the first to shoot. Seeing a new spawn point ever 5 mins is tiresome

You are exactly right. I guess there's was a point for me where I was just tired of dying by saying, and meaning, that I was friendly lol. Only so many shots to the face I could take before I decided I should be the first to shoot. Seeing a new spawn point ever 5 mins is tiresome

I've died over 50 times to betrayal and banditry, yet I am yet to feel the yearn to KoS. Why is this? It's because when I do something bad, I feel bad. I suppose I still posses morality, even in a video game based around darkness, uncertainty and manipulation. If I was to KoS, I am no better than the scum that exist to ruin people's fun. I do not want to be such a pathetic form of personality.

I often find persisting through the sadness has helped me in many ways, not only in DayZ. I now find many friendly faces, because I have learned who is true and who is evil, and I dispose and assist accordingly.

In the end, experience will see you through.

I've died over 50 times to betrayal and banditry, yet I am yet to feel the yearn to KoS. Why is this? It's because when I do something bad, I feel bad. I suppose I still posses morality, even in a video game based around darkness, uncertainty and manipulation. If I was to KoS, I am no better than the scum that exist to ruin people's fun. I do not want to be such a pathetic form of personality.

I often find persisting through the sadness has helped me in many ways, not only in DayZ. I now find many friendly faces, because I have learned who is true and who is evil, and I dispose and assist accordingly.

In the end, experience will see you through.

Awesome man :) I still do feel bad for dropping people, but like I said, I guess there was just a point for me personally where I learned that the great majority of my encounters end with me dead.

I'm not knocking the killers at all since that's how they choose to play this game, but I've come to a point where I'm not going to give them a chance at me and if they do come at me, atleast I've given myself a chance to kill them first :p

Awesome man :) I still do feel bad for dropping people, but like I said, I guess there was just a point for me personally where I learned that the great majority of my encounters end with me dead.

I'm not knocking the killers at all since that's how they choose to play this game, but I've come to a point where I'm not going to give them a chance at me and if they do come at me, atleast I've given myself a chance to kill them first :P

Makes sense. Let's say I approached you from behind, with my full Ghillie on, demanding for you not to turn around, otherwise you'd be shot. What would you do?

I would probably interact if necessary but dissapear shortly after, with no intention of killing. How would you deal with the situation not knowing this?

Makes sense. Let's say I approached you from behind, with my full Ghillie on, demanding for you not to turn around, otherwise you'd be shot. What would you do?

I would probably interact if necessary but dissapear shortly after, with no intention of killing. How would you deal with the situation not knowing this?

When I first started playing, I did what anyone said who came at me with a gun. Most times it was a group of two or three. While the "main" guy was talking to me, their friend would usually just grow impatient and put a bullet in me.

Other times I would try saying, "Friendly, dont shoot! I don't have anything." And end up dying regardless :o

Now, if you did that, I would honestly try running for the closest cover and have a shootout or die trying. Sad that's its come to this, but that's life for most of us now lol

When I first started playing, I did what anyone said who came at me with a gun. Most times it was a group of two or three. While the "main" guy was talking to me, their friend would usually just grow impatient and put a bullet in me.

Other times I would try saying, "Friendly, dont shoot! I don't have anything." And end up dying regardless :o

Now, if you did that, I would honestly try running for the closest cover and have a shootout or die trying. Sad that's its come to this, but that's life for most of us now lol

I'm glad you said that. Keeps the game fresh and exciting, never knowing what will happen next. If you started running I'd be taken by surprise and probably have myself a jolly bullet to the head as I would fail at aiming on a running target.

I wonder if you'll ever come across me one day... you'll know.

I'm glad you said that. Keeps the game fresh and exciting, never knowing what will happen next. If you started running I'd be taken by surprise and probably have myself a jolly bullet to the head as I would fail at aiming on a running target.

I wonder if you'll ever come across me one day... you'll know.

Well the good thing about me is, I'm very trusting about people who reach out to me. Right now, the people I play with are people who reached out to me on my videos. Now we run around together. It's nice to have a group of good people to play with, but now I guess we're the "wrong" people to run into. Because either were dead, or those who ran into us are. No other way about it lol.

After this video at least :o

What goes around comes around. You deserved it buddy. I think the shot came from behind in the woods.

You give some, you receive some. This was your turn. I prefer for the most part to take a risk by speaking. My experiences are usually good. This includes military bases and airfields.

I don't surrender to anyone and have never been held up or handcuffed. I don't intend to either.

Better luck next time.

What goes around comes around. You deserved it buddy. I think the shot came from behind in the woods.

You give some, you receive some. This was your turn. I prefer for the most part to take a risk by speaking. My experiences are usually good. This includes military bases and airfields.

I don't surrender to anyone and have never been held up or handcuffed. I don't intend to either.

Better luck next time.

That's very nice to hear actually, the military and airfield specifically. A lot of people have the mentality that those are the places people officially go to kill, like it's what they sign up for the moment they enter the area. It would make sense to assume that people at airfields are looking for gear, therefore more  greed is present, and if you happen to have some useful equipment; they'd rather reduce hours of their time searching by seeing you lifeless upon the ground. 

But to hear actual interactive stories in the most dangerous places is always fun to hear.

• Like 1

I agree I got what I deserved ;) but it won't change my approach. As the title says, next time it's kill and move along.

And I think now we might've been killed from someone in the woods. There are way more sneaky people in this game then I might've thought.

That's very nice to hear actually, the military and airfield specifically. A lot of people have the mentality that those are the places people officially go to kill, like it's what they sign up for the moment they enter the area. It would make sense to assume that people at airfields are looking for gear, therefore more  greed is present, and if you happen to have some useful equipment; they'd rather reduce hours of their time searching by seeing you lifeless upon the ground. 

But to hear actual interactive stories in the most dangerous places is always fun to hear.

I had a recent experience in both the Military base and the NW airfield. I will put them in a film when I get chance but I have quite a few friendly encounters at both because I don't approach aggressively and usually (nearly always) have a weapon shouldered.

I met a guy upstairs at Balota airfield. We both had weapons out but I only did because I was carrying two. We both looked a bit shocked but said we were cool and came out into the open. The other player (now a friend) said he was a survivalist and stuck to the wilderness but had always wanted a military gun. Well there weren't any, so I gave him my AK74 with about six boxes of ammo, a silencer and a wrap. We looted two villages together and I made a full sniper suit for him before going our separate ways.

I met the other guy who was Spanish, at the military base and gave him a UK Assault vest. He said please don't shoot me although he had a weapon out and I didn't. We spoke for five minutes and moved on.

I've actually had three friendly meetings moving through the NW airfield on one occasion. Admittedly, I saw the other person each time first. Had it been the other way around, it could have been different.

Some of us are good, some of them are bad.

That sounded like a mosin, so, probably was uphill, you gotta check your surroundings, id say better but you didnt check even a little, not even when you came back to conciousness... Nor your friend.

Yes sir. We are rather newish and newbish. Just running around having fun and getting slaughtered. We've come to love it though, surprisingly. I guess everyone's got their role to play in this game ;) Ours is moving bait