Sign in to follow this  
Young Trotsky

Cannot load game without -skipintro or -world=empty, joining server takes 3+ minutes

Apologies if this has been covered, I did try a search first.

I used to play this game a lot until about 0.42, never had a problem like the one I have now, same hardware and OS (i5, radeon 7750, windows 7 64bit).

Tried to start playing again on 0.52 and now my game basically will not load without having one of -skipintro or -world=empty launch parameters, having either of those gets me into the main menu screen in about 15 seconds, 5 seconds if I also add -nosplash. If I have no launch parameters set I just get the BI splash, then the DAYZ logo and then a black screen for about 5 minutes and then crash to desktop.

When I do get to the main menu screen, the 5 buttons all work fine, I can use the server browser and change settings with no freezing or anything, but when I connect to a server it takes over 2 minutes, sometimes 3 to actually load into the game, but once I'm in it's absolutely fine, decent FPS, no crashes. I guess this might be taking so long because the map isn't loaded on game start, but like I said I can't even get to the main menu without having -skipintro or -world=empty.

If anyone has had similar problem and found a solution I would really appreciate your input. I have tried all the obvious stuff like reinstalling DayZ and wiping my steam folder to no avail. Like I said the game ran fine on this exact same computer back in version 0.42 and it runs fine now once I actually get onto a server, just seems like there is something very wrong causing it to take so long.

tl;dr - game will only load with -skipintro or -world=empty, then runs fine but takes ages to get into server, tried obvious fixes.

Apologies if this has been covered, I did try a search first.

I used to play this game a lot until about 0.42, never had a problem like the one I have now, same hardware and OS (i5, radeon 7750, windows 7 64bit).

Tried to start playing again on 0.52 and now my game basically will not load without having one of -skipintro or -world=empty launch parameters, having either of those gets me into the main menu screen in about 15 seconds, 5 seconds if I also add -nosplash. If I have no launch parameters set I just get the BI splash, then the DAYZ logo and then a black screen for about 5 minutes and then crash to desktop.

When I do get to the main menu screen, the 5 buttons all work fine, I can use the server browser and change settings with no freezing or anything, but when I connect to a server it takes over 2 minutes, sometimes 3 to actually load into the game, but once I'm in it's absolutely fine, decent FPS, no crashes. I guess this might be taking so long because the map isn't loaded on game start, but like I said I can't even get to the main menu without having -skipintro or -world=empty.

If anyone has had similar problem and found a solution I would really appreciate your input. I have tried all the obvious stuff like reinstalling DayZ and wiping my steam folder to no avail. Like I said the game ran fine on this exact same computer back in version 0.42 and it runs fine now once I actually get onto a server, just seems like there is something very wrong causing it to take so long.

tl;dr - game will only load with -skipintro or -world=empty, then runs fine but takes ages to get into server, tried obvious fixes.

hey man, for you it takes only 3+ mins, but i event cant join the server, because after this new 0.53 updates my screen gets freezed on text waiting for the server. i dont know what to do.