Sign in to follow this  
RAM-bo4250

Does anyone know of a truly stealth player on YT or Twitch?

Wow i wish I had known about your channel, I definitely would have been there.

Haha, here's hoping you would have enjoyed it.

If I ever decide to go back to YouTube (which I have like 7 or 8 times over x years), I'll try to remember to point you in my direction. :P

The comments in this thread about people not making videos/streaming because it wouldn't get interest makes me sad.  Why does it have to be about views?

I upload a lot of DayZ videos, I don't play stealthy so they're not gonna interest the OP, but I just upload them primarily for myself for the future, so I can look back at good times and along the same lines for my group.  Also, to learn from my encounters.  I only get about 15 views a video (primarily my group) and only have about 40 subscribers, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't tag them, I don't care.  I've uploaded a couple that got 10,000 views, and while the novelty of that is nice it really doesn't matter to me.

Maybe there's some one out there doing the same OP, I unfortunately don't know of any stealthy ones.  MrBlackOut's hardcore series of videos almost falls in line with what you want, he at least tries to stay alive and plays rather cautiously but he does engage most of the people he sees that don't appear friendly (he makes friends with a lot of people too).  He definitely isn't pure stealth though.

I get where you're coming from dude and YouTube has always just been a hobby for me. However, it is something that I love doing and, if I had the chance, would be something I'd dream about as my job. I think that's where most people who do YouTube are at. I actually have more fun commentating over a game than I do just straight up playing it. However, making videos can be a lot of work (not sure what kind of thing you do, but I'm sure you've experienced at least some of that). I don't really enjoy the editing, rendering and uploading process that much - like most other small YouTubers I know. It's kind of a chore and a means to an end (getting to do the stuff that you did enjoy - recording the videos).

So, I think that it's more the fact that people want to set themselves up to achieve what their dream is - which, for most who do YouTube, is being able to do YouTube as a job. This generally means that they'll do stuff that they think (or know) will get them more views. I completely understand that. For me however, the reason I stopped doing it was because I put a lot of work into editing, rendering (and would watch through every video to check for A/V issues anywhere) and uploading (I did a lot of SEO type stuff etc). The return wasn't good enough. Most people need something to keep them going. For some, it's money. For me, it's more just knowing that at least some people were watching my videos.

My more successful channels (two which had 1500 subscribers) lasted longer than any of my others (one closed because I lived with my brother at the time, who played a lot of loud, copyrighted music. The other got deleted when I unlinked from Google+. I asked them to fix it, they promised they would. Two weeks later, the channel returned with half of the videos missing and completely wiped stats (views, subs etc). They never returned another E-Mail.) because I constantly had people talking to me in the comments, suggesting things, giving me tips and just saying they enjoyed the video. I never made money from YouTube, but it was just nice to know that I was actually entertaining people. If I'm not entertaining people, then I can't keep the motivation up to do it. Ergo, in order to maintain a YouTube channel, I, at least, need to get views on my videos.

Edited by Beizs

Haha, here's hoping you would have enjoyed it.

If I ever decide to go back to YouTube (which I have like 7 or 8 times over x years), I'll try to remember to point you in my direction. :P

If you ever do please inform me.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC35XBLec0EkBErsV1g3cDyw. Just a bit of shameless self promotion here. STO is run by me, and an American Friend of mine, I play on a private share server, and run two seperate lives, playing with a group on a 3rd person, and solo on a 1st person one. The 1pp playthrough will be what you describe! Whereas the 3pp one will be your more traditional PvP get rekt scrubs gg no re. My videos are anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, with a metric butt ton of editing, anyways hope this helps!

The comments in this thread about people not making videos/streaming because it wouldn't get interest makes me sad.  Why does it have to be about views?

I upload a lot of DayZ videos, I don't play stealthy so they're not gonna interest the OP, but I just upload them primarily for myself for the future, so I can look back at good times and along the same lines for my group.  Also, to learn from my encounters.  I only get about 15 views a video (primarily my group) and only have about 40 subscribers, but it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't tag them, I don't care.  I've uploaded a couple that got 10,000 views, and while the novelty of that is nice it really doesn't matter to me.

Maybe there's some one out there doing the same OP, I unfortunately don't know of any stealthy ones.  MrBlackOut's hardcore series of videos almost falls in line with what you want, he at least tries to stay alive and plays rather cautiously but he does engage most of the people he sees that don't appear friendly (he makes friends with a lot of people too).  He definitely isn't pure stealth though.

I feel ya, man. I'm very similar in my approach. I play games for me and how I like to play them, not to please others. My videos are more about pure uncut gameplay and playing within the spirit of the game. So in a boxing game I try to make it look like a boxing match, in a hockey game I try to make it look like a hockey game. You won't see me jumping and shooting and doing the good ole a,d,a,d,a,d in a shooter. I try to just show people what it's like to actually play the game. But ya, like you, they are mainly for something that I can go back and view later and reminisce.

If they were truly stealth...wouldn't it be impossible to find their twitch or yt accounts?

6035421334_08013863cf_z.jpg

Edited by DeatHTaX

Thanks Nexventor, I will check it out

Hey mate when you say stealth do you want to see avoiding conflict or hunting it?

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC35XBLec0EkBErsV1g3cDyw. Just a bit of shameless self promotion here. STO is run by me, and an American Friend of mine, I play on a private share server, and run two seperate lives, playing with a group on a 3rd person, and solo on a 1st person one. The 1pp playthrough will be what you describe! Whereas the 3pp one will be your more traditional PvP get rekt scrubs gg no re. My videos are anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, with a metric butt ton of editing, anyways hope this helps!

Watched it. Really liked it. Please make more. TY