Sign in to follow this  
richard_b

I just can't play this game anymore.... (rant)

I was north of Stary Sobor investigating a downed chopper wreck when I caught sight of a survivor hauling ass south towards the wreck. I put him in my scope, just wishing to track his progress through the red dot of my M4A3 CCO. He was about 400 meters away.

After a few seconds he stopped and looked at me. I called this in to my buddies in TeamSpeak and they all responded that I should fuck him up. I gave the man the benefit of the doubt. I scurried towards the treeline, not wishing to be shot for mistaken intentions.

I ran thataway and pulled out my binos. My character stopped to pull them out, and that's when I got shot.

A single round hit me in the abdomen area, possibly from an M4. My plan was to let him loot the wreck first then take anything he had left, but instead I was nearly killed for not shooting him.

I managed to bandage up, I think, and I'm now down to 4,000 blood, waiting for a buddy to get to me.

Lesson: Always KoS.

I'm simply annoyed that people shoot at anything, not even thinking about attracting zombies or survivors. This game has gotten too hard to play. Don't bother to comment if you're gonna call me a carebear, I need to vent.

Stop raging. You should know, and especially when you have good gear, that you WILL die.

This is a fact and one that may either take a long time or a short time to fufill. But regardless of how well off you are you will still eventually die.

You also should know that every time you approach another survivor that you are at great risk of dying, it doesn't matter if he is armed with a Hatchet, Makarov, or a M4. Your chances of dying are high.

One would think someone like yourself that has already came across a M4A3 CCO would know this. I guess not since you're mad enough to be posting on the forums and venting your rage here.

As for the too hard? Play on a server with 5 people and markers on everything or don't play at all. DayZ being hard is an aspect that much of the community likes because it adds depth and great challenge.

Yeah don't get attached to your gear, ever.

Everything is temporary, remember you are playing Alpha, you may just die by some stupid glitch next to a tree, rock, or a door that breaks all the bones in your body.

As for PvP, just wait until the karma system is actually working, that way you know who to shoot and who to team up with.

I have saved people from zombies only to have them come over to me (where I have promptly healed them) and shoot me 2 seconds after I have lead them to a nice shiny gun.

I still save every one I can.

So you're going to turn into that which you hate? You see, this is the problem. People get shot enough that they too start shooting on sight, which makes the people they shoot start shooting on sight. You see where I'm going with this? You have no right to complain about this behavior if you too are willing to turn to it.

Quit copy-pasting the same butthurt QQ whining thread, and learn to hide effectively. Prone, bushes, grass, and trees are your friend.

Though, don't know if a karma system would work. I've got a few murders on my name as well (not bandit kills), but I was definately on the defensive side...

though it left me a nice compass I didn't have before and enough meds to save me on a trip to the hospital