Sign in to follow this  
CRSBE

New Guy

Started my DayZ journey yesterday.
First spawn i ended up dying from a zombie because i didn't know how to close doors lol 

Second Spawn i starved to death.

So im on my third spawn now (third times a charm ?) Im doing my best to sneak around what i believe is Elektro. i have the map permanently up on my other screen trying to get my bearings :rolleyes: 

Found myself a mosin (i think) with some ammo and a pistol without ammo.  

I'm literally collecting everything i see, even if its crap ! probably the sign of a new player, carrying round 12cans of damaged sprite !

Is there any places i need to avoid ? 

Plus any tips you have for a new guy would be much appreciated !

• Like 1

Started my DayZ journey yesterday.

First spawn i ended up dying from a zombie because i didn't know how to close doors lol 

Second Spawn i starved to death.

So im on my third spawn now (third times a charm ?) Im doing my best to sneak around what i believe is Elektro. i have the map permanently up on my other screen trying to get my bearings :rolleyes:

Found myself a mosin (i think) with some ammo and a pistol without ammo.  

I'm literally collecting everything i see, even if its crap ! probably the sign of a new player, carrying round 12cans of damaged sprite !

Is there any places i need to avoid ? 

Plus any tips you have for a new guy would be much appreciated !

Here is what i do if i spawn near the South East coast :

1. Get an axe (best weapon to kill zombies, can chop wood for fires incase u get wet, can open up canned food ).

2. Get rags by tearing up shirts or hoodies (u can use them for bandages, or to make fire)

3. Get matches to light a fire incase you are wet and cold. Spawning in the rain makes everything twice as hard

4. Eat and drink everything i find instantly untill i cant find no more in the immediate area. Hopefully by now my health status says "hydrated" and "energized" in bright green. If there is no message, just keep eating and drinking untill u see it. You can even keep eating untill it says "im stuffed".

5. Gather some warm clothing along the way, prefferably pristine or worn. Then head towards the beach, and follow it untill u find fishing boats. They have raincoats, which you really need if you wanna keep traveling in the rain.

6. Get full prestine clothing and a good dryback or any backpack u like.  Preferably in not too bright collors, stash some extra food and some water bottles...

Everything you do next is up to you. You can craft or find various hunting tools, or you can go and search the cities for firearms. You can create your own clothes, or go search for military grade equipment and weapons. You can go into the cities and kill or be killed, or you can retreat to the woods, barns and fields and try to survive alone.

Some other usefull stuff that you usually find as you are freshly spawned,  :

- Duck tape : If you find prestine duck tape, grab it. You can use it repair clothing after taking damage

- Can opener : Open canned foods without spilling

-  Bottles of water or cantines. More than one can be verry handy. If you have a raincoat you can fill them up as you travel when it rains, so you always have water.

- If you have enough backpack space, you can grab some extra clothing, so you dont have to run around with ruined clothing if it gets damaged : this is lethal !

- Medical supplies like antibiotics, painkillers, morphine injections, cleaning alcohol. Helps incase you break something or get infected wounds....

- Map of Chernarus : So you can see how many people are online (should this interest you). Apparently you can use P key also, but the map shows the area as well if you dont have access to the official map on a different screen or alt tab. Anyway, the ingame maps are pretty much useless so better leave this one out.

- PRESTINE compass : helps you navigate untill you know your way around.

- Kitchen knife : You always need a good knife to cut things up, skin animals, stab things :).

Best way to learn what you should take with you or not, is by dying from things...many times... Good learning curve.

Good luck.

Edited by nillie
  • Like 1

Yes avoid that 12 year old school yard i like to call Electro.. unless ya don't mind losing all your Sprite :)

Yes avoid that 12 year old school yard i like to call Electro.. unless ya don't mind losing all your Sprite :)

I best leave there then haha i love my sprite to much !

Welcome to DayZ CRSBE!

I wouldn't avoid anywhere, be an explorer! You got to learn for yourself where is best to go and where isn't to really experience the game :D Once you figure it all out, prepare to spend many hours in DayZ!

Enjoy! B)

Welcome to DayZ CRSBE!

I wouldn't avoid anywhere, be an explorer! You got to learn for yourself where is best to go and where isn't to really experience the game :D Once you figure it all out, prepare to spend many hours in DayZ!

Enjoy! B)

Once i started playing it on the first day i ended up playing for about 3hours. so i can believe im going to spend many hours on it ! 

Once i started playing it on the first day i ended up playing for about 3hours. so i can believe im going to spend many hours on it ! 

I wasn't too stuck on SA when I first played, but the more I played it, the more I was getting total hooked! It's a case now I don't play till the weekend cause I always end up spending HOURS on it at a time and super tired for work the next day!

It's fun too to find someone to play with too, totally different to being a lone wolf! :)

Welcome to the forums, CRSBE. Don't forget we have flagged threads at the top of the forums, and many of those contain useful information.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Hi!

Welcome to the game!

As you have probably found out by now, third time is not a charm!