Sign in to follow this  
clobbersaurus1

Cannot play game.

I've been trying to get DayZ for like 4 hours yesterday and another 2 today.. long story short, i'm not good with all these program files and download instructions. I just don't do this much.

Anyways, I'm at the point where I did all the beta patch stuff and I can get on operation arrowhead to get onto a DayZ server. Well, once there, I cannot connect onto any DayZ servers. It says "(my name) has deleted files can't connect" etc. I ended up looking around for like 30 minutes seeing if people have had similar problems and/or have had it solved. I found a few, but none of them solved anything. Did that"Six Updater" crap but it didn't work or do anything and I couldn't find anything that would explain it better. So, I found these forums and saw it was a FAQ. I read it and it said "Add mod=DayZ (or something like that) to launch.." This seems more of a roundabout instruction as it expects the person to 1, know where that is and 2, that the person with this problem can fix it just from there. Well that person isn't me. Yes I know it's a FAQ and to somebody those instructions make sense but to me it's total bull, essentially :-/.

SO, can somebody explain what I did wrong and elaborate on what I need to do to fix it ASAP because I do not want to spend another 4 hours on this..

Ya with steam

Did u update the.cmd file [cannot remember name right now] with ';DayZ'?

If not it prob won't launch.

Honestly I don't know... not a computer guy. I'm very good player in computer games, it's just always the installation/downloads that kills me..

I am doing the Six Launcher atm, it's updating currently. Will see if it works after that

Make sure you update the '_runA2CO_beta.cmd' (Right click and Edit) file to contain a ';@dayz' within the 'RUN' section (At the end of the file)

Should look something like this:

"-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz"

The .cmd file should be located here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Give that a go.

Also download the latest beta patch here.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

The first link at the TOP.

yup got it to work. Thank you

Always happy to help.

Now if you happen to see me on the map, please don't open fire like EVERY other player on there.

Enjoy