Today I'm asking for just a minute of your time:

If you could buy anything, what would it be and what would you give for it?

Now that's out of the way, let's get to know one another

I'm Carbonated Dan, President and CEO of Carbonated Trading

We'll soon be opening our first European franchise, a one-stop shop dealing in all things that are good

But what is good?

I know what I like; my DMR and mk48 can eliminate threats at any range, while my NVGs let me see them

But that's just me, a hardened mother who don't let no foxes near her chicks

How about you?

Whether fresh off the boat or jaded northerner we want to be there for your needs and at prices affordable to you

Today I'm asking for just a minute of your time:

If you could buy anything, what would it be and what would you give for it?

NVG's' date=' everything else can be easily found or isn't worth the hassle

[/quote']

exactly, there's too much hassle in looting today

we can offer anything you need in exchange for whatever rubbish you just happened to find in balota

NVGs might be a bit of a stretch; I doubt you've got the goods to make it worth my while

But any medical supplies, guns or ammo are fair game, and we'll take anything, from scrap metal to leinfields, in exchange

So let me know, what would you pay for an AR15 and a half dozen mags?

If I could buy anything it would be the grid that your doing your trades in.

I would give one bullet in flight for it.

A fully repaired and re-fueled car for whatever you want

whats to stop me setting up a trade and killing you?

the how is not up for discussion today, suffice to say we have devised a safe and secure transaction method inspired by the heroin dealing entrepreneurs of Baltimore

@So let me know, what would you pay for an AR15 and a half dozen mags?

The gun I was carrying at that moment, 1866 or an L. Enfield. Maybe some fresh meat and blood bags/morphine.

the grid that you're doing your trades in

the how is not up for discussion today' date=' suffice to say we have devised a safe and secure transaction method inspired by the heroin dealing entrepreneurs of Baltimore

[hr']

A fully repaired and re-fueled car for whatever you want

now we's talking

depends on the vehicle, the server, and the effort involved in repair

take an ATV as an example - we'll hook a brother up on a server of our choice for a coyote backpack, some medical goods and a bit of ammo - server of customer's choice for the pack, GPS and a weapon. but really it's a question of what you can give

Sounds like a good way to get into some player killing.

Set up the trade with a clean character, perform the trade, do that several times and build trust, and learn how your lil heroin trade security is run. Then simply coop in with the guild and murder you all :)

A seasoned Arma 2 player vs. player guild would make quick work of your operation but heck, that's what DayZ is all about.

As for actual needs, the only thing any veteran player could want is NVGs or a vehicle, maybe some camo clothes or Ghillie suit.

In that case, I would be willing to trade a decent weapon, 3-5 mags, 3 cans of food, 2 cooked meat, 2 blood packs, 3 bandages, 1 morphine, 1 epi-pen, and depending on the vehicle or NVGs, maybe a grenade or two. It would be a about 50% of the above for a Ghillie, and about 25% of the above for camo clothes.

I think that sounds fair, and depending on the size of your operation, it would probably take you less time to find and fix a car or other goods than it would for most to collect the items needed for a fair trade, which would be worthwhile for both sides.

Good Idea though, you should keep us informed if anyone tries to make a hit on your new business. Like describe how they tried and such, it would be fun to hear of their slaughter, or perhaps your slaughter?

Something tells me this guy isn't the one who is going to be the one who just wants to trade, but ends up getting shot. He's asking what people will bring him essentially, so he can kill them when they bring it to him. Noone would be stupid enough to risk NVG's or vehicles to "Trade".

the only thing any veteran player could want is NVGs or a vehicle' date=' maybe some camo clothes or Ghillie suit[/quote']

not everyone is a veteran player :)

I would be willing to trade a decent weapon' date=' 3-5 mags, 3 cans of food, 2 cooked meat, 2 blood packs, 3 bandages, 1 morphine, 1 epi-pen, and depending on the vehicle or NVGs, maybe a grenade or two. It would be a about 50% of the above for a Ghillie, and about 25% of the above for camo clothes[/quote']

we aren't releasing pricing information just yet, but I will say this: unless 'decent weapon' means 'M107, M4 SD, L85 TWS or similar' we won't be doing buisness

simply coop in with the guild and murder you all

we don't need you

assorted threats' date=' assumptions about our ARMA experience etc[/quote']

we have devised a safe and secure transaction method inspired by the heroin dealing entrepreneurs of Baltimore

after we kill you, we'll divide up your big swinging dick and portion it out to starving nubs

but yeah, we'll be recording all transactions, both for youtube and in a diary

He's asking what people will bring him essentially' date=' so he can kill them when they bring it to him[/quote']

since we'll be using forums to spread the word and organise trade this really wouldn't be good practice

as I said before, all trades will be recorded for your and our security

Edited by Carbonated Trading

I have no desire to disrupt your trade, my days of competitive Arma are over, more of just theory of how the heist could take place. I'd rather provide security than participate in the heist, however each side would be truly thrilling.

Yes some of those were the weapons I was referring to.

I know at some point someone will attempt a heist (as do you), really looking forward to the video of it, hopefully you have several guys recording so we can see it go down. Will be pretty shweet.

Thanks for the reply, do you have youtube channel set up already?

This idea of yours really sets up for some interesting unique situations, looking forward to those videos.

hiya skeltah, apologies for being short with you, was needlessly defensive

if you're ever up for some casual escape from chernarus or something hit me up with a PM

All "trader" threads that get put on General Discussion forums get owned by bandit clans.

There is no "safe" way to trade with other players. The risk isn't worth "trading". And there are no items that are in the game that are hard to find.

All "trader" threads that get put on General Discussion forums get owned by bandit clans

whilst we cannot discuss methodology' date=' it is impossible for us to be 'owned'

There is no "safe" way to trade with other players. The risk isn't worth "trading"

whilst we cannot discuss methodology, I can assure you that we run a no-risk system

And there are no items that are in the game that are hard to find

and yet every fifth thread in the suggestion forum requests trading mechanics

Ill give you nvgs ' date=' as50 , mk mod 0 for range finders ? :)

[/quote']

done

I'll give you an M107 for an Mk 48

done

CZ550 + Ammo' date=' got a ballpark price on that?

[/quote']

nothing too much, an AR15 or AK or toolbelt gear and a few car parts

I'll give you an M107 for an Mk 48

done

I'm guessing you'll contact me?

Hi dan :)

As I play on what i think is your home server Gimme a shout if you want some help or anything.

Me and Flipped where thinking of getting in touch with you anyway.

As we have been experimenting with starting a pick up service for new spawned players using the bus :)

But i think we lost it testing the idea while drunk :)

see below :)