Sign in to follow this  
Tinkula

Problem with loot spawns

Hello,

Could someone correct me, if i got this wrong:
After server respawn, there's 98 (i know it's higher, but for sake of argument) trash items and 2 good items in the world. People come and pick up those good items and the server spawns 2 random items somewhere in the area, which are trash. If you want more spawns in the area, you need to pick up all the trash items like boots and crowbars and stuff to make space for new spawns. However the problem is that you can't destroy the trash loot, it fills up your inventory and if you drop it on the ground, server counts it as item again. So the server is now filled with trash items, and only way to destroy it is by picking it up and getting killed. Only other option i can think of is picking up the trash and dumping it on another server. I realize server restart makes all spawns fresh again but in persistance servers that doesn't work either.

So am i correct to say, that once good items are picked up and replaced with trash, there's no easy way to clean up the area to make room for new spawns. Persistance servers are totally screwed because of this, because even server restart won't fix it. Am i missing something?

Plz no guesses or opinions, if you have no clue how loot spawn works then your opinion is useless.

Edited by Tinkula
  • Like 1

What 

Plz no guesses or opinions, if you have no clue how loot spawn works then your opinion is useless.

You're going to get a lot of help with that attitude, and possibly attention from the mods.

• Like 1

Each server has a system that cleans up items based on certain conditions such item type, condition, time since last interaction and whether its in some kind of container.

Its still a work in progress getting the balance right and probably will be for a long time yet.

Each server has a system that cleans up items based on certain conditions such item type, condition, time since last interaction and whether its in some kind of container.

Its still a work in progress getting the balance right and probably will be for a long time yet.

Yeah i figured it's not working as it should yet. We set up a tent some time ago and dropped some trash next to the tent. The thrash remained there for a very long time, over a week. It remained through server resets and everything. It didn't get removed until 0.52 was released so i figured it never despawns on its own.

What 

You're going to get a lot of help with that attitude, and possibly attention from the mods.

There's always someone who gets butthurt about totally reasonable posts. If people just post guesses and opinions as if they were facts, then i'm none the wiser and a whole lot more confused. You need to toughen up a little and stop taking stuff so personally.

There's always someone who gets butthurt about totally reasonable posts. If people just post guesses and opinions as if they were facts, then i'm none the wiser and a whole lot more confused. You need to toughen up a little and stop taking stuff so personally.

It's not about butthurt or taking anything personally - I was merely offering you advice after observing your post. Take it or leave it, after all, it was your first post ever on these forums.

• Like 1

What 

Well I mean he DOES have a point...people who don't know what they're talking about ARE rather useless to the discussion

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

So am i correct to say, that once good items are picked up and replaced with trash, there's no easy way to clean up the area to make room for new spawns. Persistance servers are totally screwed because of this, because even server restart won't fix it. Am i missing something?

You are partially wrong. When you pick the items up and then drop them they do not go back on the "list" as a spawned item. You can keep picking things up and dropping them as items continue to respawn. True, they may be junk items that come into game but that is because there is more "junk" than useful things on the list of items that spawn in X location. Also, the grid in which these items respawn varies in size. Some that you may think would be extremely small, may extend an extra 500-750 meters.

Kamyshovo for instance: The town itself is obvious. However, Otmel Island (the little one you can walk to) as well as the Deer Stand up the hill to the northwest of town and the feedshack along the dirt road to the north are confirmed in the same grid. Castle Rog, the radio tower near Rog, as well as the few buildings near Krutoy Cap may potentially be as well (didn't check those). If you continuously just check the town itself loot will eventually stop spawning there and be piled up in the outskirt locations.

Source: Personally tested multiple times with a group of friends to speed up the process. Tested ONLY on persistence enable servers

PS- If you do this make separate piles. Put junk items in junk backpacks/clothing to make it a bit more organized. And share the wealth! I did this in Kamyshovo and invited all the freshies running by to grab what ever they wanted.

• Like 2

On the contrary, Crowbar.  I have no problem with the question.   :thumbsup:

Hi Tinkula, it's frustrating, I know, and to be honest, I'm no expert on the latest changes to the game.  I think Gunrunner gives some interesting and helpful insights.  :thumbsup:

If I learn more I'll let you know about it here.

• Like 1

You are partially wrong. When you pick the items up and then drop them they do not go back on the "list" as a spawned item. You can keep picking things up and dropping them as items continue to respawn. True, they may be junk items that come into game but that is because there is more "junk" than useful things on the list of items that spawn in X location. Also, the grid in which these items respawn varies in size. Some that you may think would be extremely small, may extend an extra 500-750 meters.

Kamyshovo for instance: The town itself is obvious. However, Otmel Island (the little one you can walk to) as well as the Deer Stand up the hill to the northwest of town and the feedshack along the dirt road to the north are confirmed in the same grid. Castle Rog, the radio tower near Rog, as well as the few buildings near Krutoy Cap may potentially be as well (didn't check those). If you continuously just check the town itself loot will eventually stop spawning there and be piled up in the outskirt locations.

Source: Personally tested multiple times with a group of friends to speed up the process. Tested ONLY on persistence enable servers

PS- If you do this make separate piles. Put junk items in junk backpacks/clothing to make it a bit more organized. And share the wealth! I did this in Kamyshovo and invited all the freshies running by to grab what ever they wanted.

Ah so loot that you drop doesn't count towards the area item cap. That's awesome to know! Thanks!

So basically if you want new items to spawn you just pick em up and drop them into pile.

Do you know if there's a global item cap? I would imagine there's some limit that if a server has X amount of items on the ground, no new items are spawned to maintain server stability.