bigsgc

Minimum system requirements

I am not really sure where I should be asking this, so sorry and correct me if I am in the wrong place.

I love the look of Dayz, but I am worried my computer won't meet the minimum requirements.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02491000&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_uken#N203

Questions:

1. How will this game run in it's current state?

2. What do you recommend I upgrade and any suggestions on what component?

3. Is it worth upgrading this computer or just looking for a pc with better base specs?

Thanks for any help.

The Video card is the weakest link, but the CPU makes me wonder too. I'm not too aware of the specific needs for the Arma 2 engine, but IIRC 4 Cores is better than 2 with it, I am just unsure how much a difference it would make though.

As for Video Card, Radeon 6770 or Nvidia 550 are likely the Minimum you are wanting. Both are around $130-140CDN/US.

One issue with that system regarding Upgrades is the Power Supply is likely close to maxxed as it is. Before upgrading this you first need to ensure it is a Standard ATX size and has Standard power connectors to the Motherboard. It probably is standard these days, but you never know for sure when buying a Pre-Made system like this.

As for what Power Supply to upgrade to? That's going to depend on the CPU/Video Card you choose, but regardless of that choice a good quality 500Watt Power Supply should be fine whatever you upgrade. 80+ Certification is a good indicator of quality, but as for Brands, Seasonic is a solid choice, Corsair, XFX, are also solid(both of their Power Supplies are made by Seasonic as well).