Sign in to follow this  
Destory

Looking for a server with working public chat!

Hey guys, I'm sick and tired of not being able to talk with other's on other servers, does anyone know a server with public chat enabled? so if what's the name, thanks.

Yes, this annoys me too. I really don't think removing side-chat adds anything much to the game, and though I accept that some people may feel differently, I do wish the servers with side-chat enabled stated this on their server description!

It seems odd to me that most servers state whether they have 3rd person mode on, labels on and crosshairs on, but nobody seems to care about side-chat! It must just be me, but I care more about side-chat than I do about crosshairs or 3rd person. Sigh.

Yes' date=' this annoys me too. I really don't think removing side-chat adds anything much to the game, and though I accept that some people may feel differently, I do wish the servers with side-chat enabled stated this on their server description!

It seems odd to me that most servers state whether they have 3rd person mode on, labels on and crosshairs on, but nobody seems to care about side-chat! It must just be me, but I care more about side-chat than I do about crosshairs or 3rd person. Sigh.

[/quote']

Exactly, I think I probably will get a refund from steam for arma, since dayz side chat doesn't work.

Exactly' date=' I think I probably will get a refund from steam for arma, since dayz side chat doesn't work.[/quote']

You do realise that side chat is not broken, but rather it has been removed from the mod?

yeh sidechat was removed from the mod(a bit prematurely imo) i liked sidechat on my server it was a way for me as an admin to talk to the players check on things etc and a good way for new players to get help and new people to meet up for a common gole.

I personally think the turning off of side chat either needs to be optional(for server admin's) or it needs to be put back on all together till radio's or some other form's of distance communication are implemented

stef