Aoridian

Hackers - UK25 - Some way of monitoring vehicle location

Server - UK 25

Time - yesterday roughly 4 oclock

two days ago (when we were logged out) Afternoon

Timezone - GMT

We have been in this server for a couple of days, laying down tents in multiple hiding spots completely out of sight and out of any route to a popular location including vehicle spawns etc.

We have had a vehicle with us at every camp, and every time we set up, our camp is found out within a couple of hours. We suspect that the UX clan who are hosting the server, or somebody else have some form of tracking the vehicles, since they have robbed our camps (with a vehicle near) every time within hours. This time they drove straight towards our camp with a jeep, took the truck and all our guns, then drove off.

TLDR - Every time we set up camp with a vehicle nearby.. they find us within hours.

Uhm, you only need a helicopter flying to find EVERY vehicle near by because of its radar.

So they dont need to cheat to find your camps when there are vehicles parked inside it.

• Like 1

I play on that server and now call it my home. It's pretty easy to find vehicles when people put markers on maps named "atv" or "truck location"

I added an ATV this morning to our fleet of vehicles stashed at our camp thanks to some muppet marking where he left it inside a pine tree :P

P.S bare in mind when you use a vehicles it shows up on the map in blue for a short period and if anyone is near i believe they can also see it. Just wondering if that was me and 2 buddies you saw yesterday roll up in a landy and recover our flatbed that was left in the forest?

no markers nothing on the map, it wasn't yours you had no idea it was there

It's hackers, the guys who are pretending it isn't hackers are probably the hackers. The same thing happened to us i've lost every single vehicle I found within a few hours no matter how hard i hide it because hackers just log in and roll to the vehicles.

in which case it is slaneyx xD, yeah in my case it happened to us 4 times and every time we were found within hours

Aoridian Plz be careful who you are pointing the finger at here,

Yes I host the server but our clan has been together 10+yrs and we don't cheat...

I can confirm that 2 of our clan members found your truck by chance only.

Which was our truck days before, but taken by Anton A,

Plus as you no your guys killed both my guys.

But i don't think my guys found your tents.

Your not the only players on our server that has had your tents / vehicle found.

We also get found when we build a base up, every time so far they have found our base.

Yet we don't go around saying x,y,z is cheating or hacking.

All of the server admins already know there is a map hack out there that shows

everyone who is on the server via the map and vehicle too.

So at the moment it's kind of easy to fine vehicle or players using this hack.

You can see the map hack for yourself by following the link below as its posted on this DayZ site.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1383

But i'm sure UX*VK and UX*Beany who you shot will tell you how they found it,

as it was not to far from our base that got raided days before.

P.S. when our 2 guys found the truck the wheel needed replacing and

the truck was out of fuel, so kinda hard for my guys to drive it away.

But like i said they got shot by 3 others before driving it away. This was 3 day ago and the truck was in the forest,,

truck was Blue cab and White body on it that they found.

This is a pic of where it was and looks like.

h1ijs.jpg

Well first off, nice way to meet and greet.

HI I'm UX*VK nice to see you.

Hi glad to see the server we pay for you are enjoying and pointing the finger, quality.

2nd If the truck that was stolen, if the people who stolen it had another vehicle then it deff isn't us as every vehicle we have had has been stolen within an hour later of it been parked (Including the white and blue truck above which was parked in an open area near no tents )

3rd I don't think i have even ever seen you as I dont remember the name, everyone who I shoot, I write down the names as I like to know who fired first etc, your name isn't on it.

Well anyway, hopefully that sorts that out, hopefully see you under better conditions on our server :)

Don't be a stranger now!

YO im beany UX*Beany

as faz has said we in no way use any sort of hacks chams or whatever playing any games Battlefield Bad Company 2 Battlefield 3 Arma 2 and days

we are a seriouse clan and have a good tight friendship and together we do not tollerate hacking any any shape or form

when we have had vehicals they have been compramised everytime withing the spac of a few hours sometimes even with guys on overlook

to say we are hacking is not nice and i sugest you rethink what you have said here

you have no evidence to back this up because we do not hack in any way

i would like to hear your response to this when you read it

all our hard work hosting servers keeping them upto date and free of hackers and we get this on the DayZ forum

cheers bob pff

edit

we didnt have any vehicals yesterday soo why r we being accused

get evidence before you point the finger

That isn't the truck that got stolen, sorry for pointing the finger, it's only because when we found the vehicle we had. About 2 minutes away from the location we were shot by 2 of your guys coming out of Pustoshka. It may not be you then, but there is definitely a regular user of the server who is stealing both our vehicles.

Odds are it is one of the hundreds of other players that play and they just stumble across your vehicles. There is NO way to hide anything in dayz at the moment. There was a guy who used the map hack to make a movie of player movements over a well populate area (I think it was taken down recently) that showed about 80% of the map was well traveled by players. The few places that would not normally see heavy traffic see it because everyone thinks those places are well hidden but in reality the fact that they are good hiding places on paper make them poor places to hide things in real life.

no mate... you don't realise how out of the way these vehicles were.. I can understand finding them after like a few days or so... but each time the well hidden vehicles were found miles from civilisation after a couple of hours each time. IMPOSSIBRU

vehicles can still be easy to find.

An example.

Spawned on my server today in Debug flat land. which is 3000km roughly west of the edge of the map.

I ran back to the edge of the map on the west side and whats this a tractor hidden in the tree's.

So it all depends where they are place and who's looking for them and the edge of the map is not a good place to hide them.

vehicles can still be easy to found.

An example.

Spawned on my server today in Debug flat land. which is 3000km roughly west of the edge of the map.

I ran back to the edge of the map on the west side and whats this a tractor hidden in the tree's.

So it all depends where they are place and who's looking for them and the edge of the map is not a good place to hide them.

blabla u know that its really more easy to find vehicles rided before with thoose hacks ?

so it all depends where they are placed? lol ?

u seem to know nothing about the hacks goind around.......

@Aoridian i would advice you to find maybe a better server if there is no direct person hosting it or care for updating scripts for battle eye then u really can have much problems with thoose hackers.

my clan will also went on another server wich is hosted and maintained most time until we have our own server.

greetz

kabs

blabla u know that its really more easy to find vehicles rided before with thoose hacks ?

@Aoridian i would advice you to find maybe a better server if there is no direct person hosting it or care for updating scripts for battle eye then u really can have much problems with thoose hackers.

my clan will also went on another server wich is hosted and maintained most time until we have our own server.

greetz

kabs

You realy don't no what your talking about.

As our server is fully up to date with the latest files that us admins can have.

The problem is the hackers are bypassing Battleye.

Hacking is now rampant on nearly all servers. Hacks commonly include vehicle/player ESP which locates all players and vehicles on the map and also the ability to teleport to that person or player. It could be this.

Helicopters are suppose to be rare as virgins in LA. Four days ago I switched servers 3 times to find helicopters flying around within 10 minutes of joining on all three servers. One server was my clan server where we killed the helicopter hacker and reported the chopper. The second I spotted the helicopter within 2 minutes of logging in, and didn't have to change positions. I shot the pilot and disabled the helicopter with an AS50 at standoff range as he was landing to pick up a second party. The second party jumped in, and I shot him also. Both did not die. Helicopter turned off. The two disappeared in the woods where 2 min later another helicopter occupied by two guys emerged from the very same location and left (the script injected it right there). The third.. I logged into a different location on the coast and another helicopter was spotted minutes later.. If your camp got spotted by a helicopter 95% it was probably a hacked helicopter.

Or....as you will find, people go to obvious hiding spots on maps (far NE, Far North West, North of Devil's Castle) and they server hop looking for camps. This doesn't count people randomly finding your camps as they are moving about. I find camps accidentally every day.

As it stands there is no way to fortify a base, no way to hide a base in a way that foot or ground vehicle traffic won't find it, unless you have use of a helicopter which allows to go to the edge of the map...not the "edge of the map" but the actual edge of the map. Even then people with hacked helicopters will go to the remote places and look...then switch servers...spawn helicopters, and look some more. Not because they can't just script inject the items that you have, but because they want to take yours. Bet you didn't know that if you fall off the edge of the ocean you fly like superman?

Persistence bases in this game at this point are a joke. Even without hacking....mass server hopping of ideal hiding spots with no penalty magnifies the impossibility of keeping your shit safe for more than a day. Furthermore even if you fortify your position people can just pinpoint your tents position, switch servers, move there, and then log inside of your concertina wire. (or toolbox since they spawn again lol)

Furthermore without a friends list / Eve-like fleet system / or friendly name tags generally someone can walk into your tent area and before you can get an answer from everyone on teamspeak (if you have TS lol) as to who just walked up, the guy has already fragged everyone.

This is an alpha. The persistence is an illusion. Just grab some guns and food, loot a couple downed helos, grab a vehicle if you spot one, and go kill some people on the coast until you lose it. Rinse and repeat.

(there are some large clan groups 20+ that can manage a semblance of order and stockpiles but that is not the norm)

vehicles can still be easy to found.

An example.

greetz

kabs

It doesn't really matter if someone is updating battle eye or not. Yes it helps, but all it is doing is stopping the hacks that have been working for a long time. All the hackers have to do is change the wording of the script to do the same thing but look differnet, and battle-eye does not catch it. An admin really has to be proactive (membership on hacking forums) and run his own tools that monitor script injection (engine hacking, or packet hacking) or at the very least look at this logs after every day and manually identify who has been getting around battle-eye, ban them, and put them on the global ban list.

Even then....there are so many vulnerabilities in this game because of the fact that is it an alpha mod, that all of this is just a retarded Dutchboy's finger in the dike. Nearly all of these hacks involve using Arma II features that already are coded into the game, and soft disabled by Dayz.

GL

Thanks to an admin rebooting the server from night time to day time our camp got raided within 10 minutes of the server going back online. All the vehicles bar a truck and all tents looted. Got killed trying to salvage some bits from there as enemies were nearby.

the long hoard begins again! :-/

in which case it is slaneyx xD' date=' yeah in my case it happened to us 4 times and every time we were found within hours

[/quote']

So you KNOW your camp is gonna get visited, and you don't hide to see who come and gets it ?

in which case it is slaneyx xD' date=' yeah in my case it happened to us 4 times and every time we were found within hours

[/quote']

So you KNOW your camp is gonna get visited, and you don't hide to see who come and gets it ?

I don't "know" it's gonna get visited as anyone could have stumbled across it. Just odd that straight after the servers been rebooted that it's been completely ransacked.

Never mind will just have to start over. Thief(s) be warned i will be on the hunt for you slotting me!:P

edit

you just had a dis-connecter on the server as well named "brutallov" at barracks in north west airfield. Body disappeared instantly after i killed him when he logged back in

[/quote']

Why would we stay on all day? even taking it in turns to stay on is a waste of time

Admin care to give me a legitimate reason why i was just booted off your server?

2012-07-14_00001.jpg

I can confirm that 2 of our clan members found your truck by chance only.

Which was our truck days before, but taken by Anton A,

Plus as you no your guys killed both my guys.

But i don't think my guys found your tents.

We found this today didn't last long though your guys come running up on us after awhile (not accusing you of hacking as we were in the same spot as we found the truck) we had just finished repairing it as the Engine, Hull and Fuel Tank were red.

I hope you enjoy it and our 2 trucks, Which we assumed we also stole from you guys as it seems a lot of the vehicles we've come across on this server are controlled by your clan (including the helicopter, which was lucky as we tried to take it down but it moved out of view)

Thanks for sinking our corpses too it sets precident for when we meet you again and if we find your base camp. We've already cleared out a few (not saying they're yours) but it seems your guys keep all their equipment on the vehicles.

It may be your server and you might pay the running costs but how on earth did you know who stole your truck (with regards to your comment in bold?) if you're checking log files then that is pretty much admin abuse and of course you might claim to be whiter than white but there are people on this game who have hackers pinpoint players using that wonderful hack you listed above, to keep the servers in check.

We like your server to be honest we lasted a good few hours with our trucks before we lost everything, but that's the nature of the beast you can have it all one second then gone the next.

Your boys seem to get their shit back pretty quick though.

We found this today didn't last long though your guys come running up on us after awhile (not accusing you of hacking as we were in the same spot as we found the truck) we had just finished repairing it as the Engine, Hull and Fuel Tank were red.

I hope you enjoy it and our 2 trucks, Which we assumed we also stole from you guys as it seems a lot of the vehicles we've come across on this server are controlled by your clan (including the helicopter, which was lucky as we tried to take it down but it moved out of view)

Thanks for sinking our corpses too it sets precident for when we meet you again and if we find your base camp. We've already cleared out a few (not saying they're yours) but it seems your guys keep all their equipment on the vehicles.

It may be your server and you might pay the running costs but how on earth did you know who stole your truck (with regards to your comment in bold?) if you're checking log files then that is pretty much admin abuse and of course you might claim to be whiter than white but there are people on this game who have hackers pinpoint players using that wonderful hack you listed above, to keep the servers in check.

We like your server to be honest we lasted a good few hours with our trucks before we lost everything, but that's the nature of the beast you can have it all one second then gone the next.

Your boys seem to get their shit back pretty quick though.

Have to say your post has made me chuckle.

Not only digging up a post made over a month ago, but the fact you posted it here accuses us.

All vehicals respawned on our server 3 days ago. We have noticed the truck at its spawn point 2 days ago

but we left it as it needed 6 wheels and Engine, Hull and Fuel Tank fixing.

My guys also found the Truck this afternoon and where out getting parts for it.

When they must of caught you guys there at the time, and you got out classed and owned.

Now to come on the forums and rant about it is a joke. By all means keep looking for our camp

we no longer have one, but there are many camps around the server as tents aren't being deleted.

Maybe get some proof next time, before you make a fool out of yourself.

Edited by UXFaz

I'm sorry but it has nothing to do with hacks and cheats our server has been free of cheater and hackers since the update a couple of days ago (or at leased we and BE have not detected any), when we came across the url we ran to cherno to find the parts needed, it was a couple of hours later when returning we came accross you at the url, it was just bad timing, it took us by complete surprise seeing you there, and as you had fixed up the url before us and we killed, we couldnt believe our luck (we were slight P*ssed that we just wasted a couple of hours find parts) , and so we kinda expected you to post here.

If you or anyone find any tents or vehicles we have or had and take them, then good for you, it shows we didnt hide them well enough so we deserve to have them taken.

Have to say your post has made me chuckle.

Not only digging up a post made over a month ago, but the fact you posted it here accuses us.

All vehicals respawned on our server 3 days ago. We have noticed the truck at its spawn point 2 days ago

but we left it as it needed 6 wheels and Engine, Hull and Fuel Tank fixing.

My guys also found the Truck this afternoon and where out getting parts for it.

When they must of caught you guys there at the time, and you got out classed and owned.

Now to come on the forums and rant about it is a joke. By all means keep looking for our camp

we no longer have one, but there are many camps around the server as tents aren't being deleted.

Maybe get some proof next time, before you make a fool out of yourself.

You think that was a rant? haha what an absolute melt.

Outclassed and owned? (now it's me who's chuckling) I already admitted we were all sitting in the vehicles you know it's hard to dodge 2 very good shots at your head... I didn't moan about it did I?

You're (notice that's You're as in YOU ARE and not Your) an absolute tool mate! your clan members come on here and are in part pretty dignified. You on the other hand come on here and defend yourself like I've just insulted your mother. Get a grip it's a game I was asking you a question.. You don't like the fact I asked you about checking server logs lol... melt.

I'm sorry but it has nothing to do with hacks and cheats our server has been free of cheater and hackers since the update a couple of days ago (or at leased we and BE have not detected any), when we came across the url we ran to cherno to find the parts needed, it was a couple of hours later when returning we came accross you at the url, it was just bad timing, it took us by complete surprise seeing you there, and as you had fixed up the url before us and we killed, we couldnt believe our luck (we were slight P*ssed that we just wasted a couple of hours find parts) , and so we kinda expected you to post here.

If you or anyone find any tents or vehicles we have or had and take them, then good for you, it shows we didnt hide them well enough so we deserve to have them taken.

Shepster no worries mate I wasn't accusing you of hacking! at that point we had literally just fixed it and the guy in the truck was AFK haha bet you guys were pissing yourself! We literally didn't have much time to get out of there if we tried.

I didn't actually post on here to complain about you hacking. A friend linked me this post and I asked how does your server admin and leader know exactly who stole their truck? I thought I'd mention todays experience on here too but not in a negative way you, guys took us out fair and square (as i mentioned we hadn't even moved from where you left it). We're not pissed (it's part of the game right?) we've already regeared (currently on the hunt for NV goggles) the whole sinking bodies talk was just a little bit of 'trash talk' as in if we see you and kill you we'll return the favour.

Although having to deal with your leader on here (who completely dodged my question by the way) shows up decent members like yourself.

P.S on the Outclassed and owned comment (at least it wasn't by you! the only thing we see you own is Zombie kills) fight me one on one in Cherno/Elektro any time! you just send me a PM if you're game. We'll even go pistols only if you can manage it.

Edited by Coka