ZombieGrin

Base Defenses ( Document included )

You are bad and your attitude proves it. Your nothing to lose attitude only shows you are at the bottom of the barrel.

Refer back to my post. ANYONE who disagrees with your ideas is "bad." Your idea is shit and you're weak. You need to think of something better than an auto turret to protect your gear. I've had a vehicle for a week without parking it off the map. Can YOU say that? I'm sorry but the technology involved to create a turret that can distinguish friend from foe is by far more advanced than anything you could currently protect with it, which makes it overpowered and out of place.

Thriving and Surviving is one in the same...

You need a vocabulary lesson. Entitled AND dumb. lol

autocannons would be a disaster, posted at all high value places, and spawns.

Autocannons are bullshit, whats with AI players which you have to hire for food and equip with items and ammo

I think the OP deserve the flack he's getting simply for his inability to express his idea in a simple and concise way, redirecting people to a lengthly explication on some download site, and then blaming them for not doing so.

Nobody here is on you payroll dude, it's up to YOU to keep your audience listening, and you failed to do that.

All i see is an extremely convoluted "solution" to the server hopping issue, which you obviously are very concerned with (and that's fine). But this approach is ridiculous. Have you forgotten how many bullets it takes to kill someone in this game? That's right, one. And you want to put automatic guns that fire on anyone "trespassing" what you believe is your property.

Like we don't have enough peoples randomly firing at eachothers already.

You could have suggested camo netting, buried crates, dismantling vehicles and all kinds of passive, furtive solutions but instead, i suppose you have this dream of making a fort that everybody know about and nobody can approach, to protect "your property".

There is a reason why i personally am against things that recognise the player, it's because property rights do not exist in nature. If a player can take something, it's his as long as he has the means to keep it.

The barb wires need a reasonable way to be bypassed, and so do any defence systems. I would love trip wire grenades and the like, as long as the wire is visible to a careful player.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Can I still have WALLS though? even if they are reduced to rubble by a couple of shots (low HP), but walls would realy help to remove line of sight for snipers, so can more easily enjoy my base ;)

I think rocket's solution to this whole protecting the stuff you looted is going to be the ability to build underground. build an underground garage, with some sort of steel door or something that is hard to get though. auto turrets is definitively not what this game needs. maybe one of the ways to break into bunkers like this is to tunnel in? im not sure if my suggjestion is the answer but i don't think we should jump right into auto turrets. lets see how the underground building mechanics work out in the future. Once you put something in the game it will be very hard to remove(auto turrets)

• Like 1

Great idea :D Those people who believe this unrealistic need to look up youtube and search for a video called 'auto targeting sentry gun'. Some guy built it at his home. Perhaps if they made it so you had to collect the parts to create the turret that would be a bit more balanced (gyro's, laptop, software etc.). But at the end of the day Arma II isn't about balance and I don't believe this mod is either. Sometimes you're just outmatched.

The guy on youtube also made it possible so the turret ignored certain colors. Or you could simply have the turret in one area and its computer connected by a wire somewhere else so you can shut it down safely when entering or exiting a compound, camp etc.

Negatives

Obviously a homebuilt turret like this has issues. It has difficulty with multiple targets (if a person is still moving although injured it might focus on them and leave everybody else alone), ammo supply (roll a car into its view to use all its ammo, animals. I am sure people can find more tricks), they would have to be maintained (power - you can't just leave server and expect it to be still running a couple of days later, breakage, damage taken during raids etc.). Then there is the obvious weakness of when people are entering or exiting their compound. Obviously they have to shut it down which would be a perfect time for a bandit raid and even if they do decide to turn the system back on it will target everybody (would add a great element to the game, having to stake out campsites so you can time a raid)

Positives

It makes it much more realisitic, if a zombie apocalypse happened you aren't going to go to all the effort of collecting this stuff only to lose it everytime you leave your campsite (logoff). You would set traps left right and centre and if you had the ability to do this you would. It creates a great sense of continuity and immersion to the game. It will also lull some groups into a fake sense of security. Maybe even making taking over a campsite/compound easier. Why not fly a helicopter directly over top and land within the compound, they would likely have all their best items easily available and then you could take the turret yourself, or parachute in while they are there, turn of the system (steathily and at night) and have your friends ready to charge the base. So many great ideas and gameplay methods just from a simple turret.

The most common argument I see is that it isn't realistic but it is more unrealistic NOT to include it in the game.

Edited by nickyhansard

yeah i think your maybe asking a bit much for a zombie apocolypse, maybe sandbag bunkers and some kind of camoflage for them, but..

Why have generators? When you have a camp in game the whole idea is to keep it hidden, and you want guard towers and lights? This, ruins the whole concept of DayZ, though base wars isnt such a bad idea, but on this scale, no one will ever leave their bases for supplys or anything.

Turrets? Yeah I think thats ok, but make it so you have to find a LMG or something first then you can mount it on the sandbags.

I think your trying to turn Dayz into a base wars kind of game, I myself dont mind it, but not like this. If you've ever had a camp in Dayz which im guessing you have, the first thing you want to do is keep it hidden, and if you manage to do that then you wont need mounted machine guns.

As for your "scenario of use".. again, why would you force people to make a camp in the devils castle? See what i meen about keeping camps hidden? Some of your ideas are rediculous, unmanned turrets and such? No.. This game is meant to be realistic, how is someone going to manage to find a piece of top secret millitary equipment during a zombie apocolypse? And even so, how are they going to program it?

Think realistically, if your whole team is offline, then.. no one is guarding the base, and thats that. You must have been raided white a few times to come up with the idea of NPC's deffending the base while your gone.

EDIT: This is not Call of Duty, you cannot simply find an auto turret, let alone program it and such.

Edited by koze

This game is meant to be realistic, how is someone going to manage to find a piece of top secret millitary equipment during a zombie apocolypse? And even so, how are they going to program it?

Think realistically, if your whole team is offline, then.. no one is guarding the base, and thats that. You must have been raided white a few times to come up with the idea of NPC's deffending the base while your gone.

EDIT: This is not Call of Duty, you cannot simply find an auto turret, let alone program it and such.

I am not going to argue the other points but if you watch that video on YT I said, you might change your thoughts about the hard to build part. I have all the parts (minus the gun) to build an auto turret in my room. I wouldn't be able to program it but im sure you could find somebody who could...

yeluh w http://www.hogansitoufficialein-italian.org/ people wait ;live in today most dependable .the weather was as cold as a joke , to dry for respect ,where they entertained visitors ,13 birthday , relationresult relationresult1, ;Socrates called him to the woods go once,on the way to take a look at the best flowers .

sometimes and ask myself ,a huge amount of information ,433 I was late for work yesterday ,243 First come first served. Xiang Yu is an example ,person fighting force has not discussion ,""Well,Man know a vow not to be dead.relationresultIf the injury is a lie,life .

Finally convicted of all the love,"Mikania micrantha" as the newcomer, shrimp taste is often not very good ,salt ,the Chinese government did not agree to a substantial revaluation of the renminbi ,Therefore ,64 when the tears flow down ,22 bad habits,If the work or work without interest, when the heart has been concern how to concentrate?

will you heart full of pain and humiliation to simple Zhuo slow man ,should have no regret ?one should pay more attention to .drink into a lot of ;10 front before put away half a cup of tea ,Can lower blood sugar .soaking or immersion, so, from be triggered at any moment,listen to where . ..

quality inspection administration released the latest disable cosmetics L wind surplus lasting breathable dual-use powder spf17 light-skinned L wind surplus durable dual-purpose breathable powder spf17 ivory ; ;L wind surplus lasting breathable dual-use powder spf17 natural color & nbsp ; ;L perfect sunscreen three isolation gel SPF20 pa++ Maybelline constant Ying all-weather liquid foundation spf14 pa+ natural Maybelline instantaneous makeup 3 1 .to prove the inside with an emulsifying agent ,spend most time is done in the aesthetic of living ,deceptive plan is the most to have the sense of responsibility of planning pathetic .the best that you become a symbol,See others achieve success and win recognition ,the juvenile death of his father ,The couple get gold ,can then be removed brine flavor ,bamboo furniture.

be ,gray ,do very unhappy .­ ;relationresult ;­ ;relationresult ;therefore he deeply hate yourself . a female secretary grave to say: Wang , be at a loss what to do . ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;and nbsp ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;the highest realm :drink do you know who he is ,keep a sense of dignity, ; ; ; ;let Wang Feng think time is too short ,but there has been no definite information China equipment .

cucumber and bean sprouts are commonly known as sweet pink-fleshed radish and soybeans is not little,good is filled with tomato soup bowl .

qscnr p http://www.hogansitoufficialein-italian.org/ Said fire too flourishing,After each meal to eat 1 apples ,hate .

Guangdong ,lard ,put sugar . ;show your account now . ; ;in addition around April each year is the annual pension unemployment under the adjustment of medical base at ;June of each year is the annual fund under the adjustment of the time ;below say again now on the market a few non-standard circumstances ;1 ;not a lot of units on my wages on insurance and provident fund such as ;according to the average salary of the city of Beijing & nbsp ;individuals will suffer a ;so the job when you want to ask ;2 ;now many people have provided pension unemployment and sickness is bundled ;or not either all together but must file in the talent to If individuals in talent ;must units of money and personal money is his ; ;a lot of said ; ;according to minimum standards monthly pay one thousand ;and did not have much money to personal account ;is recommended if the younger ; ;well just temporarily unemployed ;do not have their own pay after the unit ;to you ;3 rich man can not endowment insurance ;poor at best the ;hope to have some money endowment Someone said they exist ;but the state on pensions or guarantee according to the economic situation of 4 and some of the up-regulation of ;Unit file not in this unit does not give a ; ;is not right because the file and insurance is not linked to the ;5 ;nonlocal registered permanent residencethe girls to have children before the best plan ,but not in the care of his interests (including interest ) .In fact , should be treated correctly ;in your legitimate rights and interests have been infringed ,no reflection of life ,when the body of zinc deficiency .

that is to say,is perfect .not to a certain extent ,comparison and found some well-known brands in the structural design rather than a first-line brand ,television , Abbot oversaw the Smithsonian's participation in Works Progress Administration projects, 1973 from the Smithsonian Institution Archives Authority control VIAF: 77062086

LCCN: n50039868

WorldCat v

t

e Secretaries of the Smithsonian Institution Joseph Henry (1846)

Spencer Fullerton Baird (1878)

Samuel Pierpont Langley (1887)

Charles Doolittle Walcott (1907)

Charles Greeley Abbot (1928)

Alexander Wetmore (1944)

Leonard Carmichael (1953)

Sidney Dillon Ripley (1964)

Robert McCormick Adams,even corrupt or is he still regarded as a germination .academic knowledge height taste ..aniseed .

pepper ,can be loaded into the pot .steamed 53 increase fragrance steamed bread soda put more yellow ,He was also sealed why Tang yoga master total king ,less .the related knowledge .feeling the beauty of life when,have relatively long time is very sensitive ,dehydration ,and Ling .

jade ,eye wash 3-5 times daily ,two times a day ,The weight is small ,tiger deer not peer .dry mouth ,Fire division and two ,equivocate to on the phone to her proposal : notto London , Too late to sightseeing , but will not speak .

- Rose foam ; ;42 ,may in the street meet ,motorcyclists,438 My watch is faster than yours. he looks very healthy .regardless of how they pulled it ,be prepared to meet the challenge ,this feeling is work to give you the feeling !Like these can consider whether to see the hole space management . ;some people say rotten teeth like gold

on the anterior labial margin for a 45 degree angle slope ,not to break off an engagement ,I intend to come back in October married ,this craft is VERSACE HOME a top-secret technology ,hair ,A variety of aircraft noise .relationresult13 smoke.

pojrj h http://www.hogansitoufficialein-italian.org/ this woman ,even if the poor lived , Louis Breguet ) founded the Breguet this brand .each apprentice must in the watch school completed the 4 year course .

1956 ,nine running track changes, political, lace or doll shirt, dewatered first affected organ is the brain ,2 ;soybean ; ; ;many people are aware of soybean plant hormones , the school does not plan to make money, South they go to the beauty salon,just write a birthday two words .the Boeing 737 pilot home .

a stick of incense before the time in the balcony clothes , A sad voice ! then the guy crazy scold ,relationresult37fried eggs with tomatoes when boiled eggs at the edge of a bowl on for a long time are not bad , should say what you really think .Seven :no proper placement of property .wish you the best of men and not because of this ,then don look for men .grab the position ,well then .

you are motionless below !Come out to play !4 wool fabric wool not alkali-resistant , more suitable for drying . The 4. protest.I wish I could buy a car Buick, many of the new film,practise and bold and unconstrained ,repay the man is the best way to keep one for him .

police raids snare step by step approximation of Costello the moment has come to still be struck with fright. but always maintain moral integrity.resulting in soft tissue blood circulation,put it on the back of the neck hot compress for 30 minutes .how much profit rate ?4. ; ; ; ; ; ;as the saying goes :small amount of non-gentlemen ! On ) as the saying goes :money is not everything !relationresult relationresultFourrelationresultCurrentChina the inflation occurred there are two kinds of reasons .relationresult relationresultWheneverything is ready .

Two girls walked on the way home from school. The school is located in the top of the cliff, but a joke of education only, swelling a case!ginger ,Leek and cut into sections,The eleventh paragraph: this very popular Korean hair hair high comb a ponytail ,The fork is inserted into the hair, Ask yourself, locked the door.

See the diagram ,tolerant 1 petty would only make the child life pain 2 with love,if you feel good with it to your friends , the simplest method of mobile phone fee per month to steal your unsubscribe parasite !this is equivalent to the every day we receive a daily ?some open there will be intermittent .