Sign in to follow this  
notofthiswar

Servers Need to be done Differently.

So I think Servers when the game actually Releases in a finished state need to be done Differently then they are currently  

( I am sorry btw for using Caps randomly I tend to do that and Idk why and I am trying to break that habit)

So Servers are not bad, I just think that there are to many of them up.   I dislike that and I also dislike that Most of them if not all of them are privately owned servers where people can set the loot amount and all that and still go on to other servers with that loot.  Which means one can get on and get all the guns in the world and then spawn into another server and kill people   I do not like that.

Personally I think Private Servers should not be allowed.  They do not work for Survival games and can be cheaply used to get a decent amount about others.   I am not talking here about the Locked private servers I am talking about the ones that are open for everyone but owned by someone else.
Not only that but it causes more servers to be listed then need to be and slows down loading them all in.   On here right now I see prolly 50-100 servers Empty and the top 20 to have people in it

There are to many servers and it needs to be Limited.  They need Offical servers...about 30 of them and that be it

They need Offical servers...about 30 of them and that be it

So 30 servers @ 50 slot = 1500 players .............................. This has got to be the dumbest suggestion I've read on these forums (And there has been some pretty dumb ones previous !)

If you are aware of a public server, being run by someone else that is locking / kicking players when they join report them to the GSP. (If you can't be bothered to report them, dont then come on here crying)

Merry Chrimbo btw :lol:

Edited by kipps

yup.let's limit the amount of servers....

if someone does not like one,just get rid of it!

I prefer a lot of servers myself,it alows for more choices

I would eventually like to see a private hive for each server so gear can not be brought from one server to another

thus eliminateing server hoppers totally as there would be no advantage to hop server to server to server just to loot airfields and military bases like so many people do!

I dislike that and I also dislike that Most of them if not all of them are privately owned servers where people can set the loot amount and all that and still go on to other servers with that loot.  

You can not set the amount of loot as a admin.

For the second part - just play on a good private shard.

• Like 1

I think low population public servers should have less loot, this way there will be less people joining empty servers just to get loot and coming back to servers with lots of players after they are equipped.

Edited by Wili

yup.let's limit the amount of servers....

if someone does not like one,just get rid of it!

I prefer a lot of servers myself,it alows for more choices

I would eventually like to see a private hive for each server so gear can not be brought from one server to another

thus eliminateing server hoppers totally as there would be no advantage to hop server to server to server just to loot airfields and military bases like so many people do!

You seem to have missed where I had the word ABOUT added in that sentence.    Im sorry but having over lets say 100 servers  and all but 20 are being used that is a huge waste.

Secondly as I said these servers some of them can control the loot, If they can not then I need to have explained to me how on these Private public servers that say they have more look  Actually have more loot.   I have been to Building that are just loaded with loot and I pretty much have everything I need after 30 mins.

allowing things like that kill the game

Allowing people to go on servers alone Kill the point of the game. It allows them go freely traveling all over and get all the loot in the world and then switch to a different server thats Populated and to then camp and kill players  This also ruins the game

Maybe there are other ways to actually fix this but  This is what i found ruined DayZ the mod and they are doing the same thing with the standalone 

Another Reason I can not stand Private servers is that they can go off without warning and so If you are here playing for hours on end on this one server setting up a base camp and all that and collecting 

It happened TOOOOOO god dang much on The mod After Me and my friends Spent hours and days Building it up.  After dealing with that crap about 20 times We quit playing because we were sick of it.   We could not have fun at all It was not fun spending hours collecting things to build someone just to never be able to use it later because the server went down forever

Edited by Notofthiswar

Those servers dont actually have more loot, just have the words HIGH LOOT or whatever in the name to get people to join, if it appears that there is more loot than either you got lucky and no one had looted that area, or it was down to the loot bug where loot was spawning in ridiculous no's for the 0.50 patch.

Admins dont have access to the amount of loot that spawns, I dont have access to loot amounts on my server, which was public but is now private - so it applies to both

Play on a private server that you like, then. I've got 2 that I frequently play on. And the kicker is, you get a separate character for each one, so server hoping is pointless, meaning a larger percentage of the players are decent, with many of them having recurring characters. It gives a touch of continuity that public servers lack.

Secondly as I said these servers some of them can control the loot, If they can not then I need to have explained to me how on these Private public servers that say they have more look  Actually have more loot.  

Maybe you actually should inform youselfe before making such a post ;)

Server owners can restart the server and they can enable/disable persistence - both options can alter the amount of loot on a server.

However there is no such option to directly alter the loot spawns.

Further all servers with "high loot" in the name are violating the server hosting rules - BI does not care and reporting servers is too much of a struggle and not always possible.