Sign in to follow this  
rybec

Found out why suppressors might not work perfectly.

Thanks for using housing as an example. In case you don't know this, construction companies don't sell houses that are 10% finished and allow you to live in them while they build it.

So true story here. One of my friends started to build his dream house. He was doing well, in a good job, and wanted his house. He bought land and drew up the plans and started work on it in his spare time. Well, along came a recession and his employer closed the doors. At that point the house had the foundation, outer walls, roof, and frame basically up. The interior walls were 2x4s with no sheetrock, stairs didn't have railings, no flooring down, the plumbing was in place but no fixtures. 

He used what he had left of savings to make the place "liveable" which means when he turned the power on the lights went on, it had heat, and running water/sewer. So the house was not even half done when he started to live there but it was warm and dry with the basics of what he needed. Later on walled in the bathroom, added cupboards and counters to the kitchen, sheetrocked the bedrooms, and slowly filled it out. He had rugs thrown down for flooring and eventually replaced them room by room with hardwood, tile, or carpeting. He got the second bathroom up and running so he could pull the crappy corner shower shell out and replace it with a full blown tile tub and shower. 

By the end he had a beautiful house that went together much slower than he had hoped and that he had to live in with it unfinished for years and years but it got there. 

I see DayZ SA as something much like this. The mod is a fine thing, great at the time, but it was a prefab house with cheap fixtures you couldn't easily swap out because the plumbing was soldered in instead of proper compression fittings and a fuse box that was too small to properly wire in the outlets and lights for the unfinished basement. A lot of Cludging went through in the mods to make it do what they wanted. SA on the other hand is building a solid foundation and shell to which they can add in all kinds of things. 

Sure Zombie AI isn't great right now, but it is placeholder a bit like how the kitchen sink in my friend's house was in some scrap counter chunk with a rough built wooden frame for a few years. Sure the graphics are not optimized but the new renderer is coming and that will be like when my friend put up particalboard walls for some temporary privacy and then eventually replaced them with proper sheetrock that was taped, mudded, and painted to make the place look great. Gun models like the OP are simply ratty old rugs that will be replaced with real carpeting when some other things are done. 

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 1

Whether it's constructive or not, criticism helps things get fixed. I made the thread with the intention of getting a few hearty chuckles and bringing it to attention.

It's great that the team got ass in gear and made a big step by releasing the vehicles and getting persistence closer to being functional. That's a welcomed continuation of how the game is progressing. 

Some of you guys need to set your expectations a little higher, an example praising Dean for starting then dumping the project instead of showing disappointment for not at the very least seeing it through to the beta phase.

Gotta agree with you there. Man's gotta do what he's gotta do, but I was quite annoyed by the fact he just kind of up and bailed on the project like that.