notofthiswar

Steam wont launch DayZ

Steam just does not want to open dayZ at all.  I can get around it by going straight into the folder dayZ is in and clicking on the EXE however I am unable to Change to Experimental  when ever I feel like playing on it.  This Is getting annoying.  I uninstalled the game Deleted everything  re-installed the game and it still will not open on through steam what so ever.    

IS there really no fix?

I know there is a bugs page but I do not feel like creating another account just so I can post about this bug.   I am sorry but I would rather not have a separate site just for bugs.

There is no experimental right now as both branches are on the Same Version.

Does not matter ether way Steam Will not Launch the game. I was just saying that IF i wanted to switch from the 2 builds I can not because No matter what I do Steam just refuses to launch the game

Does not matter ether way Steam Will not Launch the game. I was just saying that IF i wanted to switch from the 2 builds I can not because No matter what I do Steam just refuses to launch the game

Just use the Exe man

Hm, does it work when you add the launch parameter -window ?

Nope, I thought ahead and actually went through trying each launch parameter in one at a time and trying to start it up and it did not work with any of them.  It updates I guess as I was playing it just through the EXE but ya know it would be nice when the Experimental servers are back up to be able to play on that a bit

Nope, I thought ahead and actually went through trying each launch parameter in one at a time and trying to start it up and it did not work with any of them.  It updates I guess as I was playing it just through the EXE but ya know it would be nice when the Experimental servers are back up to be able to play on that a bit

Don't mix your problems though, that doesn't help much. There is no experimental branch right now so your only problem at the moment is "0.52 stable launches from exe but not through steam".

I start to believe that this is a steam issue rather than a dayz issue. No idea right now, will post here when i find something.